Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship issues.

Options
  • 21-10-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Me and my long term girlfriend have been going out for just under 2 and a half years. We are currently at different universities that are a 2 hour train ride away, but we keep in regular contact with texting and skype. Recently we've been having intimacy issues where she has had no sex drive, mine for her is still as it used to be, i haven't tried to force her into anything, i have waited patiently and will continue to do so.

We recently spent the weekend together, and she told me she wasn't sure what she wanted at the moment, and didn't know whether she thinks things will fix themselves. I'm pretty sure she still loves me as she told me over the weekend. She wants to take a break in the relationship, to see how she feels, and see if she's happier being single or with me. I respect her decision and agreed to the break as i would do anything to fix our relationship.

But right now, i feel so awful, i'm scared that she won't come back, and i don't want to loose her, i love her so much. Is there any advice that people could give who have been in a similar situation. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Cooperness wrote: »
    Me and my long term girlfriend have been going out for just under 2 and a half years. We are currently at different universities that are a 2 hour train ride away, but we keep in regular contact with texting and skype. Recently we've been having intimacy issues where she has had no sex drive, mine for her is still as it used to be, i haven't tried to force her into anything, i have waited patiently and will continue to do so.

We recently spent the weekend together, and she told me she wasn't sure what she wanted at the moment, and didn't know whether she thinks things will fix themselves. I'm pretty sure she still loves me as she told me over the weekend. She wants to take a break in the relationship, to see how she feels, and see if she's happier being single or with me. I respect her decision and agreed to the break as i would do anything to fix our relationship.

But right now, i feel so awful, i'm scared that she won't come back, and i don't want to loose her, i love her so much. Is there any advice that people could give who have been in a similar situation. Thank you
    Honestly? Hate to say it but I'm 99% sure she's letting you down gently. Sorry :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Cooperness wrote: »

I gonna be a little harsh here chief, but it might just do you the world of good, You need to man up a bit, sure it's tough going on a split from your O/H but she's clearly not happy .
    Realistically speaking, if she's no sex drive, and is asking for a break, then I'm afraid you know it's a dead loss.

Take it like a man, dont snivel, beg or cry to her, deal with the heartache and then move on, no girl wants a whining guy in her life, act with maturity and act like a man .

I hope you understand where or why i'm saying this to you, altho i fear you wont fully appreciate it for a while...

Hor..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

desbrook - welcome to PI/RI.
    If you have not already done so please review our charter before you post again.
    We have deleted one post that is considered to be generalising. Please note PI/RI is strictly moderated and breaches to our charter regularly result in bans.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

IMO breaks do not work. Either you have to work out your relationship and try to work on her sex drive together or you need to call it a day.

Also maybe try to see each other on a more regular basis? Once a week at least?

Advertisement