Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mechanic Glenbeigh Killorglin area

Options
  • 21-10-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Window of my car just collapsed in; anyone know decent place to get it fixed - ideally with someone who can source a window from a car dismantler's? Am not local, just down for a few days and based in Glenbeigh. Will go to Killarney or Tralee if necessary but prefer not to have to travel too far without a window. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

There's a chap on the N70 about 2 or 3 miles from Killorglin on Glenbeigh side.
    I'd say he's good but charges "main dealer prices" .................agree everything before you go ahead and you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lizheen

Thanks for that tip. Will check out in the morning. Not used to having to pay main dealer prices, but it's a long way to home!! Will take your advice. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

There's a good guy at the back of Foley's garage who maybe able to help you .... This is in Killorglin just across the road from the Manor Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Lizheen wrote: »
    Window of my car just collapsed in; anyone know decent place to get it fixed - ideally with someone who can source a window from a car dismantler's? Am not local, just down for a few days and based in Glenbeigh. Will go to Killarney or Tralee if necessary but prefer not to have to travel too far without a window. Cheers

AFAIK there is a car dismantler in Killorglin, Sean Treacy, he's out the N70 as well. I have never been to the yard but just know of them. You could give them a call if you wanted to try to source the part yourself. The next nearest breaker would be Relihans in Kilflynn which is off the Listowel Road out of Tralee.

Regarding the repair job, I have limited knowledge of the area but bought a car from Jerry O'Sullivan Motors (again out the N70) once and found him very good. He does repairs as well so might be worth trying. Might be the garage Molzer2 is referring to.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Your insurance should cover it, if you're fully comp.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 francomcdaddy

I;ve been tro alll around killorglin, had falling out with them all over prices and work. Cronins in Milltown 4 miles from Killorglin always have been the fairest with me. search for cronin car sales milltown and will find number.

Advertisement