Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Transmitter / Receiver

• 21-10-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

I'm looking for a transmitter to send the signal from my UPC box in my sitting room to a tv in another room without all the cable.

I believe there are transmitter which can do this and allow you to view & change the station in the room without the box.

Can anyone give me the name of these transmitters and maybe advise where I can get a good one in Dublin North?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MarcF wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking for a transmitter to send the signal from my UPC box in my sitting room to a tv in another room without all the cable.

In order for an ordinary TV to receive such a signal, you would need to intercept the signal coming out of the UPC box and transmit it using a VHF or UHF channel which would be illegal under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1926 as they are regulated frequencies plus you would probably be very unpopular with your neighbours.
    MarcF wrote: »
    I believe there are transmitter which can do this and allow you to view & change the station in the room without the box.

There is no such box. How could you change the channel on the UPC box from another room?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5347926/Trail/searchtext%3ETV+TRANSMITTER.htm

€46 and includes remote relay so channels can be changed from the other room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MarcF

Thanks All, your helpful comments are much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Just be careful with the senders that work on the 2.4GHz

Signal can be very weak and break down due to microwaves,cordless phones,and wi-fi.

And they wouldn't even have to be from your own house either.

Signal senders with the 5.8GHz are supposed to be much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement