Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD Storage

Options
  • 21-10-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,913 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think this is in the right forum but I dunno where to put it.

I have an 8gB SD card for my camcorder. I have deleted everything off it but when I bring up the info when I have it plugged into my Mac, it says it's free storage is 2.5 gB. How do I maximise the storage of the card again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I'm not overly familiar with mac OS however there should be a way to format the drive.

Try this:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,913 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Worked an absolute treat and only took 30 seconds.

You're a star! :D

Now the card says "can't record onto this memory card" when I try to record. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You probably have to format it as FAT or FAT 32 not the default HFS+ in Disk Utility.

Heck you can probably just format the card in the camera's menu.

It is FAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Look up the devices documentation as to what you should format the card as. As 5uspect stated, you should be able to format it on the device itself aslo.

:D

I found the menu on the camera (got it today so I'm still trying to find my way around it) and initialised the SD Card and it worked.

Thanks for yer help! :)

Advertisement