Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Doesn't Work On Phone

• 21-10-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

So the wireless in my house works fine on the laptops/xbox/ps3 and up until maybe a month ago it worked fine on the phones as well (iphones/samsungs) but now for some reason it doesn't work on anyone's phone, and if it does it's extremely slow.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

AFAIK, no settings have been changed.

The router we're using is a Netgear N600 dual band wireless router and have UPC 50mb download.

As I said, it was working perfectly before

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

That sounds odd.

Get the speedtest.net app on your phones and run it.
    Then go to speedtest.net on your PC and run it from there.

Let me know what the results are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Is connection to the router on the phone being allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

First thing I'd do is reboot the router. Failing that download a wifi analyser app to one of the phones and see what is being detected. Somebody could also have dicked around with the router config and disallowed certain devices. Try changing the channel number on the router also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Do you have the Thomson UPC modem? Had the same issue with my Android phone, wouldn't pick up wifi (blamed the phone!). The internet went down the other day and I think a firmware update was pushed. No isses since!

Nick

Advertisement