Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Captain

• 21-10-2012 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I think ill captain RVP despite being away to chelsea, think there wil be goals in this

Captain GW9 127 votes

carzola home to qpr
    0%
    berbatov away to reading
    26%
    PWEI[Deleted User]Mr.Nice GuyNecronomiconJoeyjoejoe43billymitchelltom_kredzerdrogdahatNabyLadisthemanCyaL8rwill1977PanthroMr. GuappaslingerzShane732SteelyDanJalapenobeaver111cup of teaJohn83 34 votes
    nolan away to wigan
    0%
    smokingman 1 vote
    tevez home to swansea
    0%
    aguero home to swansea
    20%
    SickBoyDempseykeano_afcDelboy5dave13bohsmanFitzerPMr MoonFizmanmirwillbebackbig_showStevecwSimply RedIvySlayerRackstarghosttownFatRatmassdebaterkilburnBlatter 26 votes
    baines home to liverpool
    8%
    Dearg81Jax Telleraverage_runnermufcboy1999martineatworldFowler87Big Pussy BonpensieroPhoenix ParkWant2knowCaptain Bobjuicet3rry 11 votes
    fellaini home to liverpool
    1%
    mailburner[Deleted User] 2 votes
    suarez away to everton
    0%
    ba home to westbrom
    0%
    bale away to southampton
    11%
    growlerrorycRikandGillingtonSideshow MarkG1032rcotteremanual_manstiffler123OneColdHandrichieffffMD1990SpaceCowb0yWalter White 14 votes
    defoe away to southampton
    14%
    [Deleted User]Macker1carlopmansterFirst ExplorerDice75davemckenna25Scorpion StingEl HorseboxoSlattsybensboysanirishladitsnotmyfaultEldocoAresDwightSchrute1Ace0x9coorou 18 votes
    torres home to manutd
    3%
    the whole year innRoonboxredarmyDeviaSusiequattro 5 votes
    hazard home to manutd
    0%
    mata home to manutd
    0%
    Invincible 1 vote
    rooney away to chelsea
    3%
    franmanSgt Pepper 64shayno90gaving 4 votes
    RVP away to chelsea
    0%
    Kagawa away to chelsea
    8%
    POKERKINGbrian plankcurry-muffstephen_kkwestfan08PaclyweekaizerAlpishshadowcomplexLostBoy101Dietsquirt 11 votes
    other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

berbatov away to reading
    No Poll,thread fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

bale away to southampton
    18 choices! Thread fail :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Kagawa away to chelsea
    dahat wrote: »
    No Poll,thread fail

glasses_2.jpg

berbatov away to reading
    glasses_2.jpg

Way to quick am i,ninja responce before poll was visible..........:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bale away to southampton
    Ba. Hopefully he can knock one in at the right end this time

• Advertisement

berbatov away to reading
    Cazorla at home sounds good to me. Hopefully won't be a case of fool me twice I can't get fooled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Bale away to Southampton after a weeks rest should be in top form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd be leaning towards Cazorla too but it's far too early in the week to commit either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manster wrote: »
    Bale away to Southampton after a weeks rest should be in top form

Have you ever had night feed duty!?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'd be leaning towards Cazorla too but it's far too early in the week to commit either way.

I was thinking of him or Giroud but not so sure after Arsenal's performance this week.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Spurs player in. They've a good run coming up and Saints next week.

• Advertisement

I'm going to mark that down as a blip. I'd probably steer clear if there were more stand out options within my team but there isn't.

Maybe Tevez if he gets rested mid-week.

Like I said, I'll make a decision Thursday and stick with it unless I hear some concrete injury news.

That strategy has been working well for me so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I think Bale is the most obvious choice followed by Nolan.

bale away to southampton
    There really is far too many options on this, Fellaini and Kagawa probably won't even play!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cazorla is an incredible player for Arsenal. Pulls all the strings, has incredible touch, pace and vision.

He could run the show next weekend, be at the heart of everything good in a 4-0 gunners win and still only get 3 points.

berbatov away to reading
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Cazorla is an incredible player for Arsenal. Pulls all the strings, has incredible touch, pace and vision.

He could run the show next weekend, be at the heart of everything good in a 4-0 gunners win and still only get 3 points.

Indeed,Carzola could be one of those players in general tbh,i have gotten him in and will give him 2/3 weeks then maybe look at Bale who may not be as pleasing on the eye but totally effective in terms of FF

Indeed,Carzola could be one of those players in general tbh,i have gotten him in and will give him 2/3 weeks then maybe look at Bale who may not be as pleasing on the eye but totally effective in terms of FF

Not having RVP has allowed me to have Bale, Cazorla and Hazard. I'm holding off on Mata at the minute.

I know RVP had a good weekend but that was the first one since the Saints game and I don't think he's justifying the price tag.

United don't rely on him like Arsenal did.

berbatov away to reading
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Not having RVP has allowed me to have Bale, Cazorla and Hazard. I'm holding off on Mata at the minute.

I know RVP had a good weekend but that was the first one since the Saints game and I don't think he's justifying the price tag.

Curious,What are your front 3?
    RVP does eat the budget alright,hard to get the front 3 right this season,none of the big teams are relying on any one striker

bale away to southampton
    RVP does eat the budget alright,hard to get the front 3 right this season,none of the big teams are relying on any one striker

Torres, Ba, Fletcher, Suarez... plenty of teams are relying on one striker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Do you not reckon though he'll still be in the top 3 points wise at the end of the season?

Suarez, Giroud and Fletcher.

Until last week, I had Tevez, RVP and Fletcher.

Suarez and Giroud are short term tbh. I may keep Giroud but I won't be keeping Suarez.

He will more than likely be gone after this weekend. He was mainly brought in for the Reading game but he didn't perform as expected in it.

• Advertisement

thunderdog wrote: »
    Do you not reckon though he'll still be in the top 3 points wise at the end of the season?

He may well be but I already have one cheap midfielder in Sterling. Having RVP meant I had to have another 7 million or less mid.

So I have a choice of RVP and Walters/Fellaini/Nolan etc.

Or going with:

Cazorla and more than likely Torres.

I'm hoping that a mid and striker from two top four clubs will beat RVP and a midfielder from a mid table team.

I saw a statistic at the weekend that RVP has now played in 54 consecutive PL games. Only Jon Walters I think has played in more in terms of outfield players.

I think its only time until Fergie starts resting him more. He was involved in the Euros during the Summer as well so hasn't had much resting time.

berbatov away to reading
    roryc wrote: »
    Torres, Ba, Fletcher, Suarez... plenty of teams are relying on one striker!

Indeed,corrected i stand...City and Utd then :o

RVP is remarkably consistent though and as a result he acts as the perfect default captaincy choice.

You do not get that with cheaper players.

Take away his first game (cause anyone who had him then was nuts) and doubling his scores would give me 102 points if I captained him each week since.

My actual captaincy decisions over the same time period have resulted in 84 points and I've made more good decisions than bad this season. I'm sure there's teams with a lot lower total.

And that folks is why your should always have robin van persie in your team.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    RVP is remarkably consistent though and as a result he acts as the perfect default captaincy choice.

You do not get that with cheaper players.

Take away his first game (cause anyone who had him then was nuts) and doubling his scores would give me 102 points if I captained him each week since.

My actual captaincy decisions over the same time period have resulted in 84 points and I've made more good decisions than bad this season. I'm sure there's teams with a lot lower total.

And that folks is why your should always have robin van persie in your team.

Did someone here not comment last week though that none of the top 30 overall teams in the game have him?

I find that sticking to the FFS poll generally works. One of the few poor weeks I had was when I went against it and captained RVP over Hazard.

Did someone here not comment last week though that none of the top 30 overall teams in the game have him?

I find that sticking to the FFS poll generally works. One of the few poor weeks I had was when I went against it and captained RVP over Hazard.

Er, to add to that, RvP just doesn't make sense. People with him in their teams are making the same mistake that Wenger made. They're becoming overtly dependent on him. One bad week from him would completely mess them up. Wenger made ammends. Besides, he might be rotated more often now.

[Not to mention that having him in your team would mean cutting down elsewhere]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    They're becoming overtly dependent on him. One bad week from him would completely mess them up.

not at all true.

i've had VP since GW 3, and Hazard, Tevez in past weeks, Ivan, Pienaar, Michu, Ba and more have all done absolutely fine for me on the few weeks where VP has done next to nothing.

VP is a little overpriced, but not THAT overpriced at the moment, especially as Fergie seems to be playing he, Rooney and Welbeck in the same team, meaning the risk of rotation is less than many will have originally feared.

i think some are actually undervaluing VP slightly. he may not be a 1-man team anymore, but he's still a huge FF player, and will continue to be as long as he stays fit.

SlickRic wrote: »
    not at all true.

i've had VP since GW 3, and Hazard, Tevez in past weeks, Ivan, Pienaar, Michu, Ba and more have all done absolutely fine for me on the few weeks where VP has done next to nothing.

VP is a little overpriced, but not THAT overpriced at the moment, especially as Fergie seems to be playing he, Rooney and Welbeck in the same team, meaning the risk of rotation is less than many will have originally feared.

i think some are actually undervaluing VP slightly. he may not be a 1-man team anymore, but he's still a huge FF player, and will continue to be as long as he stays fit.

I guess it's all about juggling him around and compromising elsewhere in your team, isn't it?
    I couldn't when I had him in my team, I guess that makes my point of view a bit biased. Having said that, I can't take away the fact that he could still end up in the top 5 FPL forwards' list at the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

berbatov away to reading
    I'm leaning towards Cazorla at the minute. You'd expect a big response from Arsenal after the Norwich game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    I can't take away the fact that he could still end up in the top 5 FPL forwards' list at the end of the year.

i would be shocked if he wasn't in the top 5 at least.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    not at all true.

He's priced based on his returns last year though and I can't see him scaling those heights again.

Rooney, Wellbeck and RVP played at the weekend but Kagawa and Young weren't even in the squad. Both of those have to come back and could have an effect on RVP's playing time indirectly.

Not to mention Fergie trying to give playing time to Hernandez, Nani and Giggs who all didn't start.

There are only so many forward positions available no matter what formation United play and Fergie has alot of players to rotate.

Advertisement