Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid term in ul

Options
  • 21-10-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

next week do we get mid -term ......or is it just the bank holiday off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Just the Bank Holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I always thought a mid-term break would have made sense rather than the 6 week Christmas break which is almost too long to be honest. Always wished they'd take a week out of the Christmas break and use it for a mid-term.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I always thought a mid-term break would have made sense rather than the 6 week Christmas break which is almost too long to be honest. Always wished they'd take a week out of the Christmas break and use it for a mid-term.

Me too. That long stretch after New Year when the weather is cat could be shortened to give us a mid-term!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

ethical wrote: »
    next week do we get mid -term ......or is it just the bank holiday off!

ah first years sooooo pretttyy, nope just the long stretch of boredom that is the christmas holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

thanks very much for your replies:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

I wish they would have given us a mid term but due to the 15 weeks needed per term and trying to get it done before Xmas, it won't be happening any time soon. And as for time off in January, its awful and more importantly, theres no work. My uncle was in UL years ago when they had 3 11 week terms and that gave them 3 weeks off in December, back first week of January. Two weeks off at Easter and finished mid June. Don't know whether I'd like this or not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

mud wrote: »
    Me too. That long stretch after New Year when the weather is cat could be shortened to give us a mid-term!
    If they did that, then we'd have the exams after Christmas. I much prefer getting 6 weeks of no worries about college (well, except the FYP :mad: )

PunkFreud wrote: »
    If they did that, then we'd have the exams after Christmas. I much prefer getting 6 weeks of no worries about college (well, except the FYP :mad: )

Oh yeah, you're dead right. I'd HATE exams after Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I always preferred exams after Christmas. I had 2 years of after and 2 years of before. Got on much better in the after Christmas ones, plus it was nice having Feb off with the weather improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

ninty9er wrote: »
    I always preferred exams after Christmas. I had 2 years of after and 2 years of before. Got on much better in the after Christmas ones, plus it was nice having Feb off with the weather improving.

Nah, it's a much better system now with exams before Christmas, I hated afterwards, as it ruined Christmas having to think of study and all that, and then you'd have 2 weeks off in February when everyone else had gone back to college, it wasn't great at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement