Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight encounter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

You had the perfect romance, OP. It was amazing, and ended before things went to shit. I had the song from the Up montage playing in my head as I read your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

No, not because he didn't try to ride her.

He meets a stranger at 4am, invites her back to his place and they play videogames.

He starts to act like an awkward teenager. When she leaves he doesn't ask for her number etc, just says goodbye. It does seem a bit weird.

How does that make him an arsehole? :confused:

The girl could have easily asked for his number. Why does it have to be the guy?

Yeah he's clearly regretting it now but chalk it down to low confidence OP. Next time, ask for her number or to add her on facebook, maybe go for a kiss if you feel there's a connection there.

But man, don't just leave it at that if you liked the girl. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Sounds like she caught a glimpse of the duct tape and rope under the cushions on your couch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

20 quid the fifa disc is missing, along with your passport, credit cards and man card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

reginald wrote: »
    Sounds like she caught a glimpse of the duct tape and rope under the cushions on your couch

Maybe, or maybe she saw the Power Ranger pyjamas and matching duvet set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Pity you didn't act more like a teenager and just ask her 'any chance of a kiss/shift?'...what's the worst that could happen... cool story though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭vixdname

OP, theres a few things going on here, you're obviously a decent bloke who may suffer from low confidence around the opposite sex BUT you had a woman who you obviously felt attracted to, agree to go back to your place at 4am in the morning within minutes of meeting you, have a few drinks and was more then willing to play video games with you.
    When she met you, she didnt know you were going to play video games when she went to your place, she more then likely thought ye were going back for a few drinks and a chat and we'll see where it goes from there.
    If the woman wasnt interested in you she simply wouldnt have gone back to your place with you...Simple as that.
    If you were asked by some ugly girl you just happened to meet at 4am on the road to go to her place and play video games would you go ??? I think not.
    If you were asked by some sexy bitch you just happened to meet at 4am on the road to go back to her place and play video games would you go ??? Damn effin right you would, so its the same with the girl you met last night, she obviously fancied you and the only ball you let her play with was to ball on FIFA !!! Not only that, but you never got even her mobile number......Sorry mate, but whatever way you want to look at it, this was an epic fail for any hot blooded male to turn down or even future plan a night of hot depraved sex !!! Opportunities like those dont arise very often so when they do, TAKE THEM....Now.....go have ahand shandy and think of what MIGHT have been !!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Christ almighty Rome, you didnt even get her number? Thats weak brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I assume you got her name at least? Look her up on facebook. I know its the awkward 13 year old's primary weapon but it's better than turning up out of nowhere clutching a bouquet and a telephone book. Nicely worded OP, but paragraphs are what women REALLY look for in a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

mattjack wrote: »
    Maybe, or maybe she saw the Power Ranger pyjamas and matching duvet set.

All the studs have He-man :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭flutered

Red Pepper wrote: »
    All the signs were there, she even wanted you to score so much that she played FIFA.

Actually, the story is made up. Or a dream.
    at the very least you should know if she was wearing panties or a thong.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

You suggested to play fifa :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

C'mon man, this story can't be true. How am I only the second person to suggest that this story may be a fabrication?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

C'mon man, this story can't be true. How am I only the second person to suggest that this story may be a fabrication?

I believe it. Women want to pick up too.They'll even entertain a few games of FIFA too if they think they could score ( forgive the pun)

Missed chance OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I get the feeling that in a "Fight Clubesque" kind of way there was no girl at all.

He probably was strolling home drunk. Got in a fight with himself. Saw a "girl" near his apartment but it was actually his own reflection in a shop window. He asked himself back to his own apartment and played a game of Fifa online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

OP , you join Boards in June 2010 and your first post is now ... are you afraid of rejection ?
    ROFL.

OP post too, special, to reply to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I believe it. Women want to pick up too.They'll even entertain a few games of FIFA too if they think they could score ( forgive the pun)

Missed chance OP.

I respect you as a poster Micky, but this is just ridiculous. Everyone knows that women hate sex and only agree to it when coerced or as a necessary step in producing babies. This is why you lure them back to your shagpalace with the promise of Fifa, or if your TV is broken, a quick mug of Maxwell House.

You have much to learn young padawan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

OP , you join Boards in June 2010 and your first post is now ... are you afraid of rejection ?

I reckon he just wanted to collar the username.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

you dont deserve your good looks !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

You didn't even get her number??? :confused:

Jesus, you sound like a complete failure with women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Best piece of advice would be to subscribe and change your username.

Bang of facepalm off this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Pity you didn't act more like a teenager and just ask her 'any chance of a kiss/shift?'...what's the worst that could happen... cool story though

That actually works even in your late 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

She went back to your place shortly after meeting you. You played video games and had a few drinks. You didn't make a move or ask for her number.

There are several possible opinions she has about you:

• You're a bit slow.
    • You realised after spending more time with her that you didn't like her enough to make a move.
    • You're a weirdo who asks random strangers home for no apparent reason.
    • You lack confidence.
    • You're an arsehole.

you've on listed 5.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Is it not obvious?
    She was on the game....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sitting out on her own?
    Goes back to your place, a stranger?
    Really good at FIFA?
    Lots in Common?

Did her adams apple put you off making the move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

4am is not midnight... There's too many holes in this story for my liking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

smash wrote: »
    4am is not midnight... There's too many holes in this story for my liking! :D

Sadly for the OP, there was no hole in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it OP. You just clearly take a long time to build up the courage to do something. Take your Boards account, it's taken you 2 years and 4 months to post. Just as well the girl did leave, it might have taken you to the next decade to make your move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hey OP,

I think you were smart. As a woman, I can cathegorically state, as a fact, that just because someone has a penis and we (i.e. women) go to their nearby home, it does NOT mean that we want to have sex with them. Personally, I would have to be stupidly outragously drunk to trust a stranger enough to go play video games with him in his house. I'd also imagine that if I was drunk enough to trust him, I'd be drunk enough to believe that he just wanted to play video games.

TBH OP, you played a risky game, it's not only men who are at risk in a situation like this, she could have claimed rape, assault, anything really. Men need to cop on that they need to protect themselves too, one rape accusation and you have to live with that forever. There have been cases were women FALSELY accuse men of rape/sexual assault.

So I think respecting the fact that she accepted the invitation to play games with you, rather than deciding that play games = having the ride, probably protected you in this case.

So I think it ended well for you.

However, I think should have asked for her phone number, at the very least she could have been a new FIFA buddy, maybe more over time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Maybe you just don't have a big enough gamerscore on your gamertag. She wasn't impressed at all.

Advertisement