Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale in Brownsbarn, Citywest. Lots for sale, issues??

Options
  • 21-10-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

Ive also posted this in Dublin south thread, not sure where to post.

We are looking at buying a house in brownsbarn orchard, Kingswood (citywest). I've noticed there are 5 for sale out of 30, it's a tiny gated estate. Does anyone know why there are so many for sale? Are there any issues with the houses, area etc?

We are very serious about the property and would appreciate any advice, information as to why so many are for sake.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

emmab wrote: »
    Hi

Ive also posted this in Dublin south thread, not sure where to post.

We are looking at buying a house in brownsbarn orchard, Kingswood (citywest). I've noticed there are 5 for sale out of 30, it's a tiny gated estate. Does anyone know why there are so many for sale? Are there any issues with the houses, area etc?

We are very serious about the property and would appreciate any advice, information as to why so many are for sake.

Thanks

I think a lot of the houses there were never lived in and builders had intended to keep them to rent out, etc. Now they are probably in NAMA and the sale is forced.
    Other times these were bought as investment properties as they are located very close to the hospital in Tallaght, Tallaght IT, etc and now the owners are trying to recoup any money they invested in them.
    Some people bought them before they had children and maybe want to move to a more rural location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

i'm almost certain that estate was featured on the indo's property supplement last friday-the nama special! all the nama places are listed on nama.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Check out the management company records on cro.ie - I would be worried about the state of the accounts if most of them were retained by the builder. Access gates are notoriously expensive to run and maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 emmab

Thanks a million everyone, will check out that site now. Really appreciate the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭foret

For me the overwhelming issue is the nearby motorway. ( n7 )

24 hour 365 days of fast moving traffic .

Would not touch , however as they estate agent will point out , handy access to all routes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

People didn't want high density townhouses with no parking 15 miles from the city with green fields all around them. They should have built semi detached housing with driveways. The stress of parking disputes in these places is unbelieveable by all accounts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

2012!

Please don't resurrect geriatric threads. When they get to this age, the shock of being disturbed is not good for them.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement