Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads when logged in

Options
  • 21-10-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently I bought an Acer tablet, and since then, on Boards when I'm logged in, I can still see ads. Does anyone know why this happens, and can I get rid of it?

Also, I can't see YouTube vids/images. This may be an issue with the tablet, or even should be in another forum, but thought I my just ask here while I'm at it.

Cheers for any help,

Mushy
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And I have just seen the thread about Banners Ads. I shall ask the second question elsewhere, so can delete this if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

1. Banner ads are now in place on boards to create more revenue.

2. Your tablet doesn't have support for flash most likely. So you can't watch in line youtube videos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Why do you think you shouldn't see ads?

Are you a paid subscriber or are you just posting here to say that whatever adblock system you normally use doesn't work on the tablet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Steve wrote: »
    Why do you think you shouldn't see ads?

Are you a paid subscriber or are you just posting here to say that whatever adblock system you normally use doesn't work on the tablet? :)

I just didn't know it was happening for everyone. I will subscribe eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

closing as this can be dealt with on the banner ad thread already referenced by the OP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement