Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Vs Battle 2012, 9th-10th December

Options
  • 21-10-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Super versus battle is just around the corner, now i know most of you have already made up your minds about not going to this tournament, but i would like to address a few things and hopefully change peoples minds about this tournament. First of all this event is the closest major tournament to us, its an event that we should be supporting and a tournament that features most of the popular games that we play in ireland.

If we are to become main contenders on the international gaming scene we are going to have to improve, and to improve we are going to have to attend more international tournaments. Super vs battle is the Uks biggest tournament and one that will see most of the best players from europe in attendance, i feel its one that all of us should attend, so that we can improve our own game and create exposure for ireland as a whole.

SVB 2010 saw over 20 irish players in attendance and its something that i would like to replicate for 2012. Now i know what most of you are thinking, the last svb was a bit rubbish with very bad scheduling and a poor venue, but this year the tournament is going to have a complete makeover, the venue has been changed and the staff running the tournament has changed, so i feel that this tournament could be one of the best tournaments of the year and one that we should all definitely try to attend.

I also feel the irish scene now is a bit more mature and ready to really do some damage in europe, but to do that we need to travel, so i would like everybody to get hype about svb and travel to it and hopefully have a blast.

Now for those of you that don`t know here is the game list for svb 2012.

1: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
    2: King of Fighters XIII (Xbox 360)
    3: Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
    4: Dead or Alive 5 (xbox)
    5: Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade)
    6: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver 12 (Xbox 360)
    7: Fifa 13 (ps3)

Flights to the tournament are going to cost about 50/60 euros on ryanair and accommodation is going to run about 30/40 euros a night per person. Overall its going to be a cheap weekend away and hopefully one that will be enjoyable for all.

below are pictures of the new venue :)

GET HYPE :-)

http://www.supervsbattle.com/?p=301

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Definitely up for this, hopefully we'll get a good crew up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Definitely up for this, hopefully we'll get a good crew up.

Guess I'm going

Someones gotta watch you don't safe everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

chunkis wrote: »
    Sup guys,

Super versus battle is just around the corner, now i know most of you have already made up your minds about not going to this tournament, but i would like to address a few things and hopefully change peoples minds about this tournament. First of all this event is the closest major tournament to us, its an event that we should be supporting and a tournament that features most of the popular games that we play in ireland.

If we are to become main contenders on the international gaming scene we are going to have to improve, and to improve we are going to have to attend more international tournaments. Super vs battle is the Uks biggest tournament and one that will see most of the best players from europe in attendance, i feel its one that all of us should attend, so that we can improve our own game and create exposure for ireland as a whole.

SVB 2010 saw over 20 irish players in attendance and its something that i would like to replicate for 2012. Now i know what most of you are thinking, the last svb was a bit rubbish with very bad scheduling and a poor venue, but this year the tournament is going to have a complete makeover, the venue has been changed and the staff running the tournament has changed, so i feel that this tournament could be one of the best tournaments of the year and one that we should all definitely try to attend.

I also feel the irish scene now is a bit more mature and ready to really do some damage in europe, but to do that we need to travel, so i would like everybody to get hype about svb and travel to it and hopefully have a blast.

Now for those of you that don`t know here is the game list for svb 2012.

1: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
    2: King of Fighters XIII (Xbox 360)
    3: Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
    4: Dead or Alive 5 (xbox)
    5: Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade)
    6: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver 12 (Xbox 360)
    7: Fifa 13 (ps3)

Flights to the tournament are going to cost about 50/60 euros on ryanair and accommodation is going to run about 30/40 euros a night per person. Overall its going to be a cheap weekend away and hopefully one that will be enjoyable for all.

below are pictures of the new venue :)

GET HYPE :-)

http://www.supervsbattle.com/?p=301

Yo Bourke your in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'm up for going and more up for getting in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Sounds good chunkis. Cheers for letting us know. Is registration done on the day or like the WGC where there is a website to register before attending?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

sup guys,

I just booked my flight to svb and it cost €46.98 euros.

I fly out with ryanair on friday the 7th of december at 8.10am and i return monday morning at 6.30am.

Hotel for svb is going to cost between 45-60 euros for the friday and saturday night based on 3 people sharing a triple room.

This is probably the most affordable major tournament for us to attend, and i would urge you all to book tickets and go :)

below are my flight details

Outbound flight details - All times are local

From Dublin T1 (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN) No Taxes
    Flight Number FR 332 07 December 2012
    Departs Dublin T1 (DUB) 08:10
    Arrives London (Luton) (LTN) 09:20

Return flight details - All times are local

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin T1 (DUB) Free Online Check in
    Flight Number FR 331 10 December 2012
    Departs London (Luton) (LTN) 06:30
    Arrives Dublin T1 (DUB) 07:45

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

chunkis wrote: »
    sup guys,

I just booked my flight to svb and it cost €46.98 euros.

I fly out with ryanair on friday the 7th of december at 8.10am and i return monday morning at 6.30am.

Hotel for svb is going to cost between 45-60 euros for the friday and saturday night based on 3 people sharing a triple room.

This is probably the most affordable major tournament for us to attend, and i would urge you all to book tickets and go :)

below are my flight details

Outbound flight details - All times are local

From Dublin T1 (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN) No Taxes
    Flight Number FR 332 07 December 2012
    Departs Dublin T1 (DUB) 08:10
    Arrives London (Luton) (LTN) 09:20

Return flight details - All times are local

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin T1 (DUB) Free Online Check in
    Flight Number FR 331 10 December 2012
    Departs London (Luton) (LTN) 06:30
    Arrives Dublin T1 (DUB) 07:45

monday morning flight sounds rough, no sunday flights?

last flight on sunday is 6pm, and costs about 50 quid extra, monday morning is ok, we can all head into central london for food after the tournament, kill a few hours and then and head to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I'm-a gonna go.

I'll be leaving from Belfast, but if you folks go I'd definitely find you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I'd like to go but, i have to start a work placement on the tenth, anybody thinkn about headn back sunday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

I won't be able to make it to this. I forgot that I have plans for those dates.

is anybody going to this? Am all booked, but ive no accommodation yet, does anybody wanna split a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I am (got flights booked and tournament fee paid for), but I won't be staying in a hotel, so I can't split with anyone.

Advertisement