Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flaw Finding

• 21-10-2012 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok strange question or maybe not,
    I kinda want to do some self improving and Im wondering would it be weird to ask my friends on facebook what they consider my major flaws.

Would ye be weirded out by this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's a bit weird if you do it through Facebook
    Talk to them about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I think if anyone is honest with themselves, they can figure them out without being told. I certainly know mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Would it not be easier to ask a few of your closer friends in person? If done on facebook it would bring more lulz but you would probably get less benefit from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

PM me some nude pics of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ok strange question or maybe not,
    I kinda want to do some self improving and Im wondering would it be weird to ask my friends on facebook what they consider my major flaws.

Would ye be weirded out by this?

When you say self improving , do you mean your own DIY plastic surgery ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Forget Facebuke.

Why don't you go on TV to do it like they do on Dr. cunt Phil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Huge chance of this backfiring. Let us know how you get on and how many of your friends you're still talking to at the end of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

You'll look like an insincere gob****e who's fishing for compliments/validation if you go asking everyone on facebook what your flaws are.

Don't you know yourself anyway? Have you not met yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

The first flaw in anyone is not knowing what their flaws are.
    What's mine again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Do you have friends with kids?
    If so, go and visit them because if you have any flaws, the kids will point them out.
    Kids, particularly those between the ages of 3 and 10, seem to lack the social graces that prevent the rest of us from drawing attention to such things.
    So, if you want to know if you smell, are overweight, have big ears/nose/teeth, just ask a kid.
    But be warned. The f**kers pull no punches.
    God Bless em, the little s**ts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

You'll look like an insincere gob****e who's fishing for compliments/validation if you go asking everyone on facebook what your flaws are.

Don't you know yourself anyway? Have you not met yourself?

Im not fishing for compliments at all, it is something genuine I would like to find out, I have a a few flaws but Id like to see would they be the ones my friends would agree on, I wasnt going putting it on my wall more like asking 20 of my most honest friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I think if anyone is honest with themselves, they can figure them out without being told. I certainly know mine.

same here. i think my bluntness is the biggest problem, people who are easily offended dont do well around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ah I think you should have a pretty good idea of your own flaws OP, just work on those and don't worry about doing a survey of your friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If its work related you should critique others then apply the same standards to yourself and see how you match up.

Advertisement