Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spectating for the Dublin Marathon 2012

Options
  • 21-10-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hiya I am running the Dublin Marathon next weekend for the first time and know very little of Dublin. My husband and three kids are coming down to support me, we are staying in Jurys Inn, Parnell Street and I would like to know where would be the best places be for them to watch the race. They will be on foot. Is there a bus service available for spectators of the race?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Hiya I am running the Dublin Marathon next weekend for the first time and know very little of Dublin. My husband and three kids are coming down to support me, we are staying in Jurys Inn, Parnell Street and I would like to know where would be the best places be for them to watch the race. They will be on foot. Is there a bus service available for spectators of the race?

You'll probably get more responses in the athletics forum (and in the Dublin Marathon thread) - but as a Dub, and someone who is also running the marathon I'd say if your family simply walked around the corner from your hotel on to O'Connell Street they'll have a great choice of places to spectate from.

O'Connell Street is within the first mile so they'll see everyone feeling fresh & energetic... After everyone has passed they only have a short walk over to Nassau Street / Merrion Square to watch the finishers coming in.

Best of luck by the way! Enjoy the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tracyharley

Thanks very much for that didn't realise we would have been so close to both of those points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tracyharley

I have just found this website so am only getting the hang of it!

Advertisement