Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iberia Express Luggage Charges

Options
  • 21-10-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Recently flew IB Express MAD-DUB. Booked the ticket after researching luggage charges on their website. When I booked the ticket, the baggage charges said that I would have to pay 75 euro total (for three bags - see screenshots). Then when I checked in online, they charged me 115euro. I called before paying the bag fees - they said the prices had changed and that the ones on the website info area were no longer correct. I had to pay the 'new prices' or else get royally screwed with at-the-airport charges. Are they allowed to do this? It appears as though this week they finally updated their website's prices (although they don't reflect the 115euro I paid).

Iberia express:
    http://www.iberiaexpress.com/en/baggage/allowance-in-hold/

My ticket was 'express fare' - I booked the flight August 1st (screenshot prices), I checked in for my 18th September flight (screenshot prices), I complained 24th September (screenshot prices), and the prices listed on the website above were just changed this week.

Iberia's website (scroll down to Iberia express baggage policy) still reflects the research I had done in August.

http://www.iberia.com/gb/purchase-excess-baggage/

They wrote me back with a very generic letter. 'Any item that exceeds the free luggage allowance shown on your ticket will be regarded as an excess and you will have to pay a surcharge at the checkin desk'. There is no where on their website or on my eticket that defines excess baggage as this. What would be the point of 1st bag charge, 2nd bag charge, etc. ?!

Excess baggage on their website: If any of your items weigh or measure more than the maximum established limit, you will be required to pay €60; as such we recommend that if you will be carrying overweight luggage (more than 23kg) you acquire an additional suitcase online with a discount of up to 50%.

So I acquired 3 suitcases. And paid though the...
    Clear deception? What should my next move be to reclaim my 40yoyos?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Praying because a website is not a contract the same way a price in a store does not have to be what the store charges you at the check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lariri

Bo :'( .. but maybe I could threaten them with loads of bad reviews, call them an airline of cheats, and vow to never fly them again? (if I don't get proper compensation)

Advertisement