Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jake Bugg Dublin Gigg

Options
  • 21-10-2012 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi guys,

Got tickets for Jake Bugg in the academy for February, just wondering what peoples response to him is over here? I'm in my early 20's and generally hate current music and have to say, his album is the best I've heard in a while.. only thing is none of my friends are in to him, and I don't really know what the public response is to him over here..age and profile that sort of thing and whether he has a much of a following in Ireland.... think his album is no 10 at the moment in the Irish charts, not sure though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Haven't heard the album yet, but the 3 songs they have regularly played on Phantom are brilliant. Love his voice and he's only 18 - he's definitely one to watch. BTW, I'm 41. Didn't know he was playing in Dublin. Must get tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

I really think Jake Bugg is a contender for the best artist of the coming decade. Personally, I would rather he stays relatively unknown to the larger audience as an artist of his calibre is sometimes best kept secret, but alternatively, I hope to see him sell out The O2 next year. His album is one of the best I've heard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Got tickets for this a few weeks back after one of mates pleaded with me to hear some tracks,as soon as I heard lightning bolt I was hooked,coincidently mcd sent an email about the gig that day so I went on and got them immediately.album is quality .really exciting to hear something like this.the word will get round quick on this lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Danielle_A

He's really good and just watching some of his videos on youtube, he's even better live. I was just wondering if he'll do well over here as I've only ever heard his songs on Phantom and fair enough there's hype over in England and what have you, but I'll definitely be spreading the word. And he supported Noel Gallagher, so what more could you want!

http://youtu.be/VJibQgBs7GY

That link is the the i-tunes festival a while ago, shame about the crowd though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Sold out now.

:D

• Advertisement

Is it really?!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Strange, was saying sold out earlier but just checked again and there's some available!

Won't be long though.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

They played his song 'Two Fingers' at half-time at Anfield on Saturday. Plenty of people around me were asking who that singer was as they were very impressed. Googled it when i got home and found it was Jake Bugg. Cracking song - sounds like something from the Liverpool heyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 autumneyes

we got everything in this kid, so fresh nd so needed, i'm in love with the album, love the nostalgic feeling he's lashing out. just like his lyrics say, he's alive nd he's here to stay..! quality......

His b-sides are great as well, quite clever that he's doing the Noel Gallagher technique of leaving amazing songs off the album! All I can say is its about time someone with proper attitude came along, fed up of seeing Niki Minaj's arse everywhere! haha :D

• Advertisement

DUBACC wrote: »
    They played his song 'Two Fingers' at half-time at Anfield on Saturday. Plenty of people around me were asking who that singer was as they were very impressed. Googled it when i got home and found it was Jake Bugg. Cracking song - sounds like something from the Liverpool heyday!

Yeah, his song Green Man has a proper 60's feel about it, very like the Beatles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

His songs sound sound good to me aswel,from Nottingham I think

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Cookie Monster

Loving his album, even have my 13 year old neice listening to him instead of the usual crap she likes, now she wants to come to the gig with me :eek:

I'm dragging my sister with me to the gig, and me dad is hooked on him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Tickets sold out.just on ticketmaster there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Wonder will they move this to the olympia can only see the demand for this gig growing considering his album is only out since last week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm bringing the wif along to the gig at the Academy. I bought tickets through the website where I also got the album for a few extra euros as well. I'm glad I secured tickets now that it's sold out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Joekers wrote: »
    Wonder will they move this to the olympia can only see the demand for this gig growing considering his album is only out since last week :D

He will be back for a bigger tour later next year (Most bands/artists do that )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Only discovered him over the weekend and im hooked. I NEED TICKETS!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

Any idea who is the support act for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Casey87

same as above, anoyone have any idea of the support acts for Jake Bugg tm night??

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭CFC007

Support comes from Huson Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

What time do people think he will be on stage at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I have been listening to Jake for about a month, the guy is seriously talented especially for his age. I didn't know he was playing tonight, would have loved to go but I have plans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I just stuck my two tickets for tonight on adverts for face value if anyone wants them they can collect from me today http://www.adverts.ie/2640667

edit - sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

nm wrote: »
    I just stuck my two tickets for tonight on adverts for face value if anyone wants them they can collect from me today http://www.adverts.ie/2640667
    Il take,them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was a excellent Gig last night. First time in the academy and it was brillant for a gig. He is going to be huge. Probably be the last time we see him in such a small venue. Thoroughly enjoyable though. His new track is Quiet good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

He was superb so glad i bunked off work to get to this. Top bloke as well got a photo with him too, hoping for big things from the kid.

Advertisement