Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting...again!

Options
  • 21-10-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So I started using patches on 18th April 2012 and got to July 11th without smoking, then it all went downhill from there and I was back smoking full time.

I put a patch on this morning and am giving up again. I'm looking forward to it now, since now I know the benefits of not smoking, whilst before I didn't if that makes sense.

I'm also scared that I'll slip up again and it will all be for nothing.

But I'm determined to try my absolute best and fingers crossed I will succeed :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

It won't be for nothing. So you started back on the smokes, that's lame, but it's not the end of world. For the 3 or so months that you were off the smokes you gave your body a chance to heal a bit. That's a good thing and definately not for nothing.

You say you can see the positives, well that's really good. Just keep trying, if you fall off the wagon again just hop back up.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

I was in the same boat was off them 4 or 5 mths doing great,went on holiday and been smoking like a train since:mad:Hate myself so woke up this morning had 1 fag left smoked it & im now back on the wagon........ So good luck take 1 day at a time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Day 3 today.

So far its easier than last time, I'm really pleased about that.

There's been the odd moment where I thought I'd love one but I distracted myself and it passed :) So yay so far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Day 2, myself. Definitely find that walking about and making a cup of tea when the urge for one strikes helps. One day at a time!

Advertisement