Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

had ipod on computer 1, now want to use computer 2 but will it wipe off exs music?

Options
  • 21-10-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi looking for advice,

I originally set up my ipod on computer 1, that's now broken and I want to set it up on computer 2 so I can continue to add new music. However computer 2 already has an ipod user. my question is can I also use computer 2 without wiping off their music. I plugged my ipod in and it asked me if I wanted to delete their music which I don't.

is there a way that we can both use the computer without affecting each other's music.

many thanks
    Cara Mc K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

One thing you could do is simply amalgamate all the music into one big library.

Do you need to keep them separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could use Copytrans Manager. It doesn't even need to be installed on the PC. It's less awkward/hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cara mc k

Thanks for the reply, will using the above methods mean that I won't affect the other persons library, i.e can you have 2 separate music libraries on the same computer.

thanks so much for your help

Cara Mc K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Handiest way is probably to set up two separate users on the PC.

Copy the iTunes folder from the old PC if you can access it.

Set up your new user on new PC, install iTunes if you haven't already done so & start it up. This creates an iTunes folder for that user.

Shut iTunes down & then replace the iTunes folder with the one you copied from the old PC.

Restart iTunes & all the music should be there, you may have 'refind' the music locations but that only takes a few minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement