Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reasonably priced amplifier with digital input?

• 21-10-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I just got a Panasonic 32inch TV where the only audio output is digital., so it looks like I have to replace my 30 year old stereo amplifier
    I want to keep the speakers and just replace the amp, but I can't find a reasonably priced amplifier with a digital input
    Let's define reasonably priced at 200 euro
    Any suggestions?
    I considered a separate DAC, but I don't want yet another device plugged into the wall
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭andy1249

At that price , you would probably have to look at AV receivers as opposed to Stereo amps. You can get an AV receiver for that price and they always have digital inputs.
    Sony STR520 is within your budget , also
    Pioneer VSX322 .... both are available from Richer sounds , talk to them on here and you may get a deal.

Stereo amps on the other hand , dont normally have digital inputs , in fact the only current one I know of that has digital inputs is the HK990 , and thats way more than 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Filikin wrote: »
    Hi
    I just got a Panasonic 32inch TV where the only audio output is digital.
    Is there a headphone socket? You could connect it to the stereo inputs on the amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Filikin

thanks to you both, I ended up with an AV receiver from Peats, a Yamaha RX-V373, it was about the same price as Richer Sounds after a bit of negotiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Digital out only ? Do you want to keep your Stereo receiver ? You can always get a digital to analogue box and connect the two. I bought one off amazon but I am thinking of replacing the receiver and move to surround sound.

Here on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0038M3ID8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i13

It does a good job.

Advertisement