Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why AGATT...this is why!

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Or when you try to act the d!ck on a busy public road.:eek::rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrP1nZuP4_U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Makes no difference how many crashes you put up. Everyone takes a risk getting on a bike, they know what can happen.
    It's convenience V safety and many just can't be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

speaking from NO experience but just common sense. . . . . wouldn't not wearing agatt be a guarantee that you will need one? (if/when you do crash)

There's no guarantee in crashing, but thinking not wearing the gear means you're definitely going to get hurt is silliness.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Yeah, I realise it doesn't completely stop the need for them, but it certainly lessens the need. I'll likely always be ATGATT simply because Broken bones wouldn't bother me but being skinned would, and it's way more likely to happen if I had an off while wearing jeans and t-shirt.

What happens if the gear splits/rolls?:confused: I've seen it happen and the consequences as many times as I've seen lads wearing jeans get up and walk away (without skingrafts).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Cienciano wrote: »
    Makes no difference how many crashes you put up. Everyone takes a risk getting on a bike, they know what can happen.
    It's convenience V safety and many just can't be arsed.

I'll have an S for Safety there please Bob.:pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

bladespin wrote: »
    What happens if the gear splits/rolls?:confused: I've seen it happen and the consequences as many times as I've seen lads wearing jeans get up and walk away (without skingrafts).

What happens if I slide into a metal pole that has a sharp end sticking up at 20 degree's that pierces my chest?

I didn't say ATGATT was fool proof, but it IS safer and there IS less chance of needing skin grafts. It doesn't bother me if other people don't go for it, but the what if's because I do make no sense, you can come up with hypothetical situations all day, it's less likely that my decent leather jacket splits than my hoody. And less likely that my bike pants (which have padding rather than armour) split than my (very well worn) jeans.

I actually find my gear more comfortable than most of my clothes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

I'l be in jeans on a quick spin to the shop. If I'm going out for a spin its leathers on,I had a dose of road rash years ago and it aint happening again.. I had an open wound and they scraped everything out of it and stitched it up.. I lost tissue and everything..
    also the leathers are handy because the pipes on my harley would just burn away the jeans .

Advertisement