Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cross country courses in the country?

Options
  • 21-10-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Looking to treat my dad and sister to a cross country session as their xmas present, we're all experienced riders who have been riding all our lives.

Which are the best riding centres for a great cross country course, where should i check out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Looking to treat my dad and sister to a cross country session as their xmas present, we're all experienced riders who have been riding all our lives.

Which are the best riding centres for a great cross country course, where should i check out?

For an all round experience I like Annaharvey Farm, especially if your staying over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Clonshire Equestrian Centre in Limerick have a brilliant xc course, they host a Hunter Trials there every year on Holy Thursday. Loads of combinations for all levels, even if you've just learned to jump, right up to experienced. Banks, water jumps, ditches, logs,walls you name it. They have a partnership with the Dunraven Arms Hotel I believe so I'm sure there would be some package offered, or else they have a self catering lodge too.

PM me if you need more info, I've ridden the course numerous times as I lived near there

• Registered Users Posts: 33 taceistagam

Bel Air Equestrian Centre in Ashford Co. Wicklow gets my vote hands down! They have a great XC course on site and also access to loads of forest land so you get to have some brilliant gallops through the woods and see some amazing views also. The horses are also top quality and I have never come across any other stables that has such high quality horses. Another plus is they only take experienced adult riders so all of the rides are onward moving.

Also Crossogue in Tipperary and Flowerhill in Galway also have fantastic courses.Good luck with finding a place and let us know where you end up and how you get on ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Castle Leslie has mile and miles of fences,tracks,hacks, you name it.If you wish to stay, you can stay in the cheaper lodge,rather than the castle itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kcoff

Flowerhill, Co Galway - Fab and massive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Flower hill or Clonshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kcoff

Have not been to Clonshire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shinymolly

The parks in moycullen,Co.Galway.. brilliant place to go to school young horses

Advertisement