Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operators blocking Skype

Options
  • 21-10-2012 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

i was looking at changing mobile operator, for mobile midband and mobile phone services.

the one operator that i was thinking of changing to, blocks VOIP and P2p traffic, and from reading info on price plans,information about this does not appear to be displayed, when you look at their product info on their website.

when a customer buys a data allowance, they should be allowed to use it in the way they wish.

this is a step backwards in my opinion, and with the restrictions, essentially what is being provided is a walled garden of the internet.

i have read others posts on here, and reps responses of "its not supported" is not good enough, and possibly misleading.

when you look at for example a price plan on their webpage, there is no mention at the point of sale, ( web shop ) of any restrictions.

Why you'll love it
    • Call & text the world – 500 international minutes & unlimited international texts included
    • 2GB data 2GB of internet data included with every smartphone
    • Build your own plan – add more minutes, texts & data if you want

• Build your own plan
      with MyWay Complete
      My Way Complete comes with a base of 2GB data, 500 international calls, unlimited international texts and free calls and texts to Vodafone mobiles. You can then add more minutes or data as required.
    • 12, 18 or 24
      month contracts
      With MyWay Complete you choose your own contract length: either 12, 18 or 24 months. Remember, if you are getting a new phone with this plan, the longer contract length you choose, the cheaper your phone will cost.
    • Free add ons

MyWay Complete comes with free calls and texts to Vodafone mobiles. You can also opt in to Vodafone Passport for free and get great balue in all countries on the Vodafone Passport network.

is there any regulation in this country when it comes to stuff like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You don't need a regulator, you can see it's crap so why go with it. 3 put them to shame with their data and what you can do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭northeast2012

You don't need a regulator, you can see it's crap so why go with it. 3 put them to shame with their data and what you can do with it.

i can see its a bad deal but the point i am raising, is that, there is no mention in the product description, that anything would be blocked, i even called a few stores, and was told that nothing would be blocked from internet allowance.

is this the only Irish network carrying out this restrictive practice?

Yip there the only one, don't know how anybody is with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭northeast2012

Yip there the only one, don't know how anybody is with them.

on skype forums, plenty of complaints there, also more expensive, and restrictive.

crazy stuff.

It's been brought up here loads of times, they had their mobile broadband branded as unlimited at one stage not sure if they still do but it had a 20GB cap and it was the most retarded mobile broadband on the market.
    Unless nobody else has 3G coverage in your area I wouldn't even consider them.
    When I see someone with a smartphone on Vodafone, idiot is the first thing that enters my head. Seriously there's over 2 million idiots in the country which seems about right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement