Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 Defacto - Travel

• 22-10-2012 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am on a 457 defacto visa as my partner is working with one of the advertising companies here in Australia. I wanted to check with experts here if I can travel alone to my home country for 4-5 months as my parents are not doing well I need to be there to take care of them. Will I be able to come back on the same 457 visa once I leave without my partner and if being away for 5-6 months will make a it difficult for me to come back?

Also i wanted to check once my partner is eligible for filing PR after working 2 years would she be able to include me in the application and how long does it take to get the PR approved. Too many questions I guess, but would appreciate any help/info.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You are free to travel as much as you like. Your partner can still add you to his PR application, assuming you still qualify.
    Just make sure you are in the country when you apply, otherwise it might be classed as an offshore partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 curiousdefacto

Thanks for your reply mate.
    What i meant to ask was is there a requirement of "living together for the whole duration of the visa" when you are on a defacto visa. Coz when we applied they wanted a proof of we staying together for last 12 months. So incase he files for PR after his 2 years and if I havnt been living with him for 12 months coz I might stay back home for while, will that hamper my application.

Cheers

Advertisement