Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huntstown Road Closed?

Options
  • 22-10-2012 7:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Looks like a car accident, Garda tape everywhere , red car as far as I could see

Extremely bad accident , car in bits cops everywhere , big area cordoned off,

AA road watch said fatal incident

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-21-dies-in-dublin-collision-571360.html
    A 21-year-old man has died after a crash in Dublin this morning.

He was a passenger in a car which left the road and collided with a tree on the Hartstown Road in the early hours of this morning.

The driver of the vehicle, a 24-year-old man, has been brought to James Connolly Memorial Hospital in Blanchardstown, where his condition is described as serious.

The scene remains closed for forensic tests to be carried out this morning.

Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

Clonsilla is a popular place for boy racers/joyriders. If this was the case then i'm only glad that no-one else was injured/killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I live there now, but driving to work at 6:45, I seen nothing at all but I believe it was between the petrol station and Willowwood.

Does anyone know what time is actually occurred?

ps: According to at least three FB status's, it was chased by Gardi so either the car was stolen or the passengers were not stopping.

I would take those status's with a pinch of salt. I'm simply pointing out what is being posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.thejournal.ie/hartstown-road-collision-death-644771-Oct2012/
    A 21-YEAR OLD man was fatally injured after the car he was in collided with a tree in the early hours of this morning.

Gardaí are investigating the single-vehicle road traffic collision, which occurred at Hartstown Road, Hartstown, Dublin 15.

The 21-year-old man was fatally injured when the car he was a passenger in left the road and collided with a tree. The driver, a 24 year old man, was seriously injured and removed to James Connolly Memorial Hospital.

The roadway at the scene of the crash is closed to facilitate an examination of the area by Garda forensic collision investigators.

Gardaí are asking anyone who was in the area at the time to contact them at Blanchardstown Garda Station on 01 6667000, the Garda Confidential telephone line 1800 666 111 or any garda station.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just updated that the driver of the car has also died this morning:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/hartstown-road-collision-death-644771-Oct2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

2 young lives gone and 2 families lives destroyed ... so so sad :( RIP

Roads reopened again, apart from bark gone off the tree and floral tributes you wouldn't know it happened at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

brightkane wrote: »
    Roads reopened again, apart from bark gone off the tree and floral tributes you wouldn't know it happened at all

Yep the tree is tilted over on a bit of an angle and the bark gone off the bottom but no skid marks or anything

This is the spot where it happened 53.395274,-6.417789

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Heard it was drink driving on way home from Heaven night club at around 4am. Tragically at the same spot where the father of one of them was killed around 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

They didn't stand a chance after that.

monday_1118555s.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The pics on the Journal yesterday were bad enough but that is horrific. So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

From the look of that car they were exceeding the speed limit by a massive margin. They were playing with fire and got burnt. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

The only thing I am grateful for is that it was a single car accident. It could have just as easily wiped out a whole family including children. All we have to do is look at what happened down the road in Galway where the two infants out for a walk with their father were killed. From the TV pictures that car was being driven a lot more responsibly than the car (mini??) in the picture above.

Another thing, I have never seen a male drive a mini. Was it their own car? Was it stolen? Did the occupants have previous convictions for car theft?

Just wondering!

Tree has been cut down to the top of the memorial jersey today, it was his ilgirlfriends car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Murt10 wrote: »
    From the look of that car they were exceeding the speed limit by a massive margin. They were playing with fire and got burnt. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

The only thing I am grateful for is that it was a single car accident. It could have just as easily wiped out a whole family including children. All we have to do is look at what happened down the road in Galway where the two infants out for a walk with their father were killed. From the TV pictures that car was being driven a lot more responsibly than the car (mini??) in the picture above.

Another thing, I have never seen a male drive a mini. Was it their own car? Was it stolen? Did the occupants have previous convictions for car theft?

Just wondering!

AFAIK (rumor) it was his girlfriends Mini that he was insured in and he was an apprentice butcher the other one worked in Mcdonalds Blanch, so two hardworking kids gone.

This was in the early hours of the morning so most people especially children would not have been out at that time if it was in the day he couldn't go that fast because of the traffic as its quite busy there, but the point on speeding taken they where doing double maybe treble the limit for that road which was stupid.

The fella in Galway had a seizure while driving and was no doubt doing the speed limit but blacked out unfortunately, His brother had to tell him what happened in hospital he couldn't remember a thing.

As for playing with fire, didn't we all at some stage? Im glad I grew up out of the stupid things I done when I was 21/24.

R.I.P lads

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK folks, as we have often mentioned in other threads, speculation and rumours aren't helpful. This is a tragic accident and two young men have lost their lives. As they're probably local there's a good chance that some of their family or friends could read this forum, and we certainly don't want to cause them any further pain than they're already suffering.

As the initial question was answered there probably isn't any need to keep the thread open, so I'm going to lock it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement