Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intercom access

Options
  • 22-10-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

hi all
    maybe wrong section pls feel free to move

Intercom access

I want to put an intercom (video) on front door.
    I could run cable myself to kitchen from there and link
    in with power from side entrance. - thats grand some one at door wifey can see and talk from kitchen

MY PROBLEM IS-
    The cable would be running by a set of metal gates , I would like to "loop" in
    here with a digital type "lock" that you could open from the outside and also use the intercom phone in the kitchen . ie if someone calls and we want to let them in , we can press a button on intercom in house and they would just push the gate in to come in. OR just use the code on lock to come in....

Q. Is it difficult to fit this strike bolt and is the wiring fairly straight forward
    thks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is this metal gate at the side of your house?

Every intercom has a lock release function usually switches 12 volts ac which will release a lock.

Could you please post a picture of the gate so we can see how much of a dose it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

kub wrote: »
    Is this metal gate at the side of your house?

Every intercom has a lock release function usually switches 12 volts ac which will release a lock.

Could you please post a picture of the gate so we can see how much of a dose it will be.

thank you Kub.
    The gate is in two sections.2/3 of it are permanently closed. The other 1/3 is about 3 feet in lenght/6 feet height.. and it opens in.The other 2/3 can be opened , I only want to put lock release on the one side that opens all the time. fitted to the 2/3 permanent gate. Its the lock release that puzzles me , if it can be fitted i could probably wire it ok , i presume it would have to be welded onto gate. Can you recommend some type of lock release that a diy guy could do? Are wireless intercoms reliable?
    will organise pic

Advertisement