Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit on cruise ship

Options
  • 22-10-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have my visa debit card and no longer have a credit card. I am going on a carribbean cruise next January. Will my BOI visa debit card work abroad???

I think the cruise ship uses a cashless system onboard, you use your room card to charge purchases on board to your room, then pay when you get off. Will my visa debit work here to???

edit: just read on the cruise ship site that they accept Visa, does that mean visa debit will work to, even though it doesnt specifically state visa debit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi montzarella.

Your Visa Debit card may be used anywhere in the world where the Visa logo is displayed. However, we would advise you to contact your cruise line to confirm if your card will be accepted for on-board credit purposes.

When using your card outside the EU and EEA, cross border handling fees will apply. Please see below:
    If you use the card to withdraw cash, there is a charge of 3.5% of the amount you withdraw with a minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum charge of €11.43.

If you use the card at a point of sale, the charge is 1.75% of the transaction. The minimum charge applied depends on whether the transaction is done contactlessly or not. The minimum charge for a contactless transaction is €0.10 and the minimum charge for a non-contactless transaction is €0.46. The maximum point of sale charge is €11.43.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Advertisement