Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal Pub in Dundalk

Options
  • 22-10-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Staying next weekend close to Dundalk.

Are there any rock/ metal pubs around (like Fibbers, Pint, Bruxelles etc)?:)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

MSVforever wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Staying next weekend close to Dundalk.

Are there any rock/ metal pubs around (like Fibbers, Pint, Bruxelles etc)?:)

Cheers

nope.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Not really, however I do know that MacManuses' had one hell of a jukebox back in the day with a decent amount of good metal on it. I don't know if that is still the case or not but it might be worth checking out. The Spirit Store might have a few bands on in it. The Bar Tender might tickle your fancy but it's definitely not a metal bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

cournioni wrote: »
    Not really, however I do know that MacManuses' had one hell of a jukebox back in the day with a decent amount of good metal on it. I don't know if that is still the case or not but it might be worth checking out. The Spirit Store might have a few bands on in it. The Bar Tender might tickle your fancy but it's definitely not a metal bar.
    Macs..... Eh, I wouldn't push that place on my worst enemy at this stage.

Spirit store is under renovations atm but is still sort of trading with the front bar....

Maybe Toales? Generally heavy enough music on there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

If you are around on Saturday this is available for you
    https://www.facebook.com/events/127548567392522/
    The Lumpers Bar, Ravensdale
    This Halloween Grave Encounters presents : The Haunted Mineshaft...Nightmare in the Woods. After taking a zombie march through the forest, we'll be barricading the doors and windows of The Lumpers Bar, Chainsaws and boomsticks at the ready, and lighting the hellfires of classic rock & metal. Music by Grave Encounters & D.J. Propaganda. Free bus from Dundalk. Adm 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Thanks for the input guys! I will try those places.

Happy Friday and a nice bank holiday weekend:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Eh don't try Macs..****e hole these days

Toales is a bit more eclectic but still has some decent tunes on. Halloween party in it tomorrow night and have a decent DJ who will play what you want.

Not sure about the Bar Tender.

Band on in Courtneys Sunday night, usually The Stormers on a bank holiday.

Other than that there is bugger all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Insurgent wrote: »
    Eh don't try Macs..****e hole these days

Toales is a bit more eclectic but still has some decent tunes on. Halloween party in it tomorrow night and have a decent DJ who will play what you want.

Not sure about the Bar Tender.

Band on in Courtneys Sunday night, usually The Stormers on a bank holiday.

Other than that there is bugger all!!
    As above, if your staying in Dundalk town, toales on Crowe street should cater for your needs, indie and rock all they way in there. Enjoy it

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

MugMugs wrote: »
    Macs..... Eh, I wouldn't push that place on my worst enemy at this stage.

Spirit store is under renovations atm but is still sort of trading with the front bar....

Maybe Toales? Generally heavy enough music on there!

Guess I'm showing my age a bit there eh?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Thanks again guys.
    Unfortunately we didn't make it to Dundalk town centre in the evening but had a nice time in Blackrock.
    Will definitely come back to Dundalk & surrounding aread and try out those bars.:)
    It's lovely in north Louth (I really can't understand what folks have against Dundalk).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

MSVforever wrote: »
    Thanks again guys.
    Unfortunately we didn't make it to Dundalk town centre in the evening but had a nice time in Blackrock.
    Will definitely come back to Dundalk & surrounding aread and try out those bars.:)
    It's lovely in north Louth (I really can't understand what folks have against Dundalk).

I'm from Meath but have lived in de towen for about 12 years. It has it's moments! Where did ye head in Blackrock?

• Advertisement
Advertisement