Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues regarding camera memory card

Options
  • 22-10-2012 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I purchased the two memory sticks below from Amazon a few months back.

The first one which is the smaller one at 4gb, my memory card reader has no problems reading and locating the pictures on it.

However it fails to locate the pictures on the 16gb memory card as the folder they should be in is just empty.

Does anybody have any idea why this is the case?

Also when I hook the camera with the 16gb memory card in it up to the computer, it is also unable to find the pictures on it. However while travelling there recently a couple of computers I used where able to find the pictures when I hooked the camera up(with the 16gb memory card in it) but there was also a few computers that had the same issue of being unable to find the pictures.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QUUFRW/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i01

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0037FLUYU/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Off the top of my head I would think the photos are in a format that is unrecognizable by the PC. Find out what format the are in and if you PC supports it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

From what I can see the pictures on both memory cards are in the JPG format, not sure if that is the answer to the format question?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

ok, so, the pictures are in JPG format (a pretty generic format for pics). If you can find a different flash drive/USB drive and test with the same pictures we can rule out if its a hardware problem. If the PC doesn't detect the pics on a different memory stick then it is most likely down to the PC not supporting JPG (which would be stupid), but it could just need a driver update

skeg16 wrote: »
    ok, so, the pictures are in JPG format (a pretty generic format for pics). If you can find a different flash drive/USB drive and test with the same pictures we can rule out if its a hardware problem. If the PC doesn't detect the pics on a different memory stick then it is most likely down to the PC not supporting JPG (which would be stupid), but it could just need a driver update

Hi,

I have tried the memory card now with my laptop and with the house PC and no joy when it is hooked up to the USB drive on either of them.

I just find it bizarre that one of the memory stick detects the pictures and the other one doesn't at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

The first one which is the smaller one at 4gb, my memory card reader has no problems reading and locating the pictures on it.

However it fails to locate the pictures on the 16gb memory card as the folder they should be in is just empty.

Does anybody have any idea why this is the case?
    Also when I hook the camera with the 16gb memory card in it up to the computer, it is also unable to find the pictures on it.

4gb was the upper limit on old SD cards before the introduction of SDHC. cards. Maybe your reader can't read thehigher capacity. Or your camera isn't writing to the card properly

• Advertisement

KAGY wrote: »
    4gb was the upper limit on old SD cards before the introduction of SDHC. cards. Maybe your reader can't read thehigher capacity. Or your camera isn't writing to the card properly

Even if I dont use the card reader and just the camera itself with the connection it doesnt work.

The card reader I have is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-USB-Single-Slot-Reader/dp/B000VY80AM/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350916030&sr=1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Can you backup the photos on another computer?

Then use the camera to reformat the card.

Torqay wrote: »
    Can you backup the photos on another computer?

Then use the camera to reformat the card.

Apologies only getting back to this thread now, I have finally got around to backing up the photos to my computer.

How would one reformat the memory card?

Advertisement