Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC one V contacts help

• 22-10-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭

I just got a new HTC One V, and I'm about to introduce it to a wall

When ya click on the phone symbol, it list all my contacts twice - from the SIM and the phone. Is there anyway to get it to cop the f*&k on?

In the "people" menu, I can select to show only the phone contacts, but not in the "phone" menu.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Go into your Gmail account on a desktop and under contacts there should be an option to merge/remove duplicates. Once done your phone should sync the new deduped list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

There are no contacts on my gmail

This is phone contacts that have been copied from the SIM to the phone. And both are showing up

Do you have Sync switched on on your phone? If sync is running then your contacts should sync to your Gmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you are seeing 2 sets of contacts, 1 from SIM and 1 from phone then you should be able to narrow down the visible contacts by hitting menu and selecting what to view.

If both sets are on phone, you can link the contacts: http://www.androidcentral.com/linking-individual-contacts-sense-and-touchwiz

Yep its on
    Only 1 contact showing up in Gmail

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    If you are seeing 2 sets of contacts, 1 from SIM and 1 from phone then you should be able to narrow down the visible contacts by hitting menu and selecting what to view.

If both sets are on phone, you can link the contacts: http://www.androidcentral.com/linking-individual-contacts-sense-and-touchwiz

You can do that in "people", but not in the "phone" app
    So when I press the phone handset symbol, it shows my call history and all contacts from the SIM and phone. So there is duplication

Go into Contacts, settings, Import/Export, Import from SIM card. Wait for contacts to sync. Then dedupe in Gmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

if you go to phone and then click on people, at the top it should say phonebook you can press there and pick what contacts you want the phone to display.

This method works on the One X not too sure on the V but worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

You can do that in "people", but not in the "phone" app
    So when I press the phone handset symbol, it shows my call history and all contacts from the SIM and phone. So there is duplication

I've exactly the same issue on my One V, couldn't filter the displayed contacts in the Phone app so it shows those on the SIM and (presumably) the copied Google sync of these. There doesn't seem to be a way of displaying just one set of contacts in the Phone app, though the filter in the People app works fine.

Only saving grace is that the call history is at the top of the contact list on the Phone app, so after a few day's use your most commonly-used numbers will be at or near the top.

Advertisement