Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preauthorization - Hailo

Options
  • 22-10-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, how long is the preauthorization usually held in your card?

Background for this is the Hailo cab application, who put a 20 eur preauthorization in your card, and after the completed journey they charge the final fare.. In my case, the preauthorization has now been in my account for 8 days, and the correct fare has already been debited from my account.

Contacted AIB who said that they cannot release it, Hailo needs to cancel it, and when contacting Hailo, they say that its AIBs fault..

I have totally now 2 x 20 eur as preauthorizations in my account that is affecting my account balance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Visa Debit?

I checked into a hotel on 17 November 2011.
    My Visa debit card was swiped on arrival and an amount of EURO 400.00 was taken as a pre-authorisation charge.

I checked out of the hotel on 20 November and paid my bill in full.
    The amount was EURO 380.12 and this was debited from my bank account within two days.

However the EURO 400.00 charge was still showing as "pending transaction" on my bank account and as a result I could not access any funds until 1 December when it was released.

i.e. two weeks.

Bank blamed hotel.

Hotel blamed bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

some hailo drivers in dublin have a laminated note in the cabs saying 20 euro minimum if paying by credit card :mad:

Advertisement