Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering the birth

Options
  • 22-10-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all My little girl is four weeks old now and we just received a letter to say we can register her now problem is my partners passport is out of date. would it still be ok to use for id when we go to register her? we need to get her registered asap as she will need her own medical card when shes 6 weeks and need her birth cert to add her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does your partner have a driving licence or any other form of ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hi all My little girl is four weeks old now and we just received a letter to say we can register her now problem is my partners passport is out of date. would it still be ok to use for id when we go to register her? we need to get her registered asap as she will need her own medical card when shes 6 weeks and need her birth cert to add her.

My passport was out of date and it wasn't a problem. should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

An expired passport is still valid ID (to quote Dara O'Briain, "Eh, I'm still me"), it's just not valid for travel.

They should definitely accept an expired passport for any purpose except entering the country.

Advertisement