Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Laptop for 3ds Max

• 22-10-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a new laptop for less than €650. It will mainly be used for programs such as 3d studio Max & Unity3d. I've been looking on computer universe but there are so many there I can't decide.

15" screen should be enough.
    Windows 7
    HD size isn't so important.
    Playing some games on medium settings would be good.
    SSD would be nice but not essential
    1 USB 3 port would be nice too going forward.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

TBH, €650 is too low a budget for a powerful laptop with gaming capabilities and a solid state disk and you'll want as much processing power as you can get for 3DS Max and Unity. If you configure the Genesis IV at PCS with the following specs, it will cost £550/€676 (plus delivery):

lTcpA.jpg

Incl. 3 yr warranty and OS installation DVD.

Of course, Intel HD 4000 isn't exactly gaming material but it can play a lot of games at low or medium setting, check the gaming benchmarks here. Or add the GT 635M to the above configuration (£70).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 boriordan

Thanks very much Torqay, that looks pretty good to me. I knew I was being optimistic with the SSD and games requests so I'm ok without them.

Is the build quality of these machines ok yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Didn't hear any complaints from people who bought their computers there. Except maybe for the waiting list getting longer. I suppose that's the price of popularity. ;)

Forgot to mention that you can order w/o Windows if you don't need the OS, the savings will pay for the Nvidia GPU.

Advertisement