Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bulk firewood

• 22-10-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I am looking at buying well seasoned bulk firewood were I would cut and spilt it myself, has anyone done something similar?

Anyone know what sort of load you would buy and how much and who you would call, ive been ringing Coillte the past few days with no luck!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Jack180570

trixyben wrote: »
    I am looking at buying well seasoned bulk firewood were I would cut and spilt it myself, has anyone done something similar?

Anyone know what sort of load you would buy and how much and who you would call, ive been ringing Coillte the past few days with no luck!

Yep... good few people down our way now buying this way. Some forestry companies, harvesting contractors and firewood people are selling both wet and dry logs. At this present moment seasoned logs are very scarce.... if your still looking for bulk firewood you will find it easier to get bulk loads of split seasoned firewood rather than the round logs at this stage. I think the main reason for the high demand for firewood is because of the bad year for turf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Was doing second thinnings with a fella past 6 months in a few spots....1 load for edenderry he says...
    So we've got about 6 loads of softwood lengths gone out to firewood fellas.every 2nd man in the country with a chainsaw thinks he can make a living from firewood.well, maybe for this winter anyway

Advertisement