Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes dissappeared from the dry cleaners

Options
  • 22-10-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi i sent in 3 items of clothes for cleaning to a dry cleaners i have regularly used two items came back and the other is missing. The cleaners cant seem to understand where it has gone. Eventually the owner contacted me to appologise and offer compensation i said the Item cost 200 stg and i had only worn it twce she seemed really shocked - I asked her why was she so shocked its a dry cleaners shouldnt they be used to expensive items? She told me she would have to go back to her staff, she seemed resitant to offering me compensation when she found out how expnsive the item was. I am entitled to a refund surely? its not acceptable to bring cloothes in an not have them returned. Has this happened to anyone else??? advice would be welcome

thanks
    A

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the consumer issues forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

aoban wrote: »
    Hi i sent in 3 items of clothes for cleaning to a dry cleaners i have regularly used two items came back and the other is missing. The cleaners cant seem to understand where it has gone. Eventually the owner contacted me to appologise and offer compensation i said the Item cost 200 stg and i had only worn it twce she seemed really shocked - I asked her why was she so shocked its a dry cleaners shouldnt they be used to expensive items? She told me she would have to go back to her staff, she seemed resitant to offering me compensation when she found out how expnsive the item was. I am entitled to a refund surely? its not acceptable to bring cloothes in an not have them returned. Has this happened to anyone else??? advice would be welcome

thanks
    A

You are absolutely entitled to a full refund. They have a responsibility to carry out the service they provide with 'due care and diligence', they did not do that.

I would write a formal letter requesting a refund for maybe a little less than what you paid as it was used. If you have the receipt, submit a copy of this also. State your rights under 'The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980' and ask that you been refunded within a reasonable time frame or that you will escalate the matter to the small claims court. This application only costs €15 and I don't think they will want to go there.

Also, they can claim the loss through their insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoban

thanks I will do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

aoban wrote: »
    thanks I will do that

Let us know how you get on :)

Advertisement