Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post - sorry we missed you

• 22-10-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11 ilovetalking

Hi!!

I received the above from an post last week but I'm not expecting anything from anyone so not sure what to expect!!

Just wondering if anyone else have receive the same??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It could actually be anything. Probably a bomb - go get it quick, before it goes off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hi!!

I received the above from an post last week but I'm not expecting anything from anyone so not sure what to expect!!

Thanks!!

I think you should go to the post office, collect whatever it is and report back here immediately. It's the only way to end this madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

No OP you're the first person in Ireland to have ever missed a delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I'd be more concerned by the fact that they clearly are not sorry they missed you at all !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hi!!

Thanks!!
    It's either a letter / small package that needs to be signed for, or something that wouldn't fit through the letter box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

They only keep it for a few days too, so if you got the note last week, you might want to hurry up and go collect it or they'll just send it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wrecks my head that the depots are open 9am-5pm, thats when people are at work! If I was at home during those hours you could have just delivered the bloody thing.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Its a court Summons....

or a puppy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

You missed the comma out. It was 'sorry, we missed you'. They've taken candid photos of you going about your life and this is their small apology for the inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Hi!!

Thanks!!

Yeah, I got one a few weeks ago that said it was a registered letter originating from Ireland. I wasn't expecting anything of the sort so was a bit :confused:. When I collected it, it was just some clothing I'd ordered from a British website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

krudler wrote: »
    Wrecks my head that the depots are open 9am-5pm, thats when people are at work! If I was at home during those hours you could have just delivered the bloody thing.

In Cork, it's not so bad, the depot opens at 7:30am. But it closes at 5pm. Personally, I'd rather it was open until 6pm than opening early. :pac:

And in the UK, they're open on Saturdays, like banks. *sighs wistfully whilst staring into the middle distance*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Probably your phone book, they have just been delivering them. You know, one of those paper things with lots of numbers, if you have a chained-to-the-wall type phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

My local depot opens 6am to 4pm, have you actually checked the opening times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

looksee wrote: »
    Probably your phone book, they have just been delivering them. You know, one of those paper things with lots of numbers, if you have a chained-to-the-wall type phone.

Do they not just leave them on the doorstep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My local depot opens 6am to 4pm, have you actually checked the opening times?

yup, 9-5 or 5.30 in limerick, and its one one of the busiest roads in the city, ****ing nightmare to get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

for the lucky few, 3.50 for a delivery.

https://www.parcelmotel.com/

7.30am last few times I've needed it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They're not really sorry that they missed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Thai or Russian bride?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

7.30am in my local too. Never a prob. And Saturday mornings too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

My post man won't even ring the door bell he'll just dump the notice in the letter box even when I am home. When I'm expecting something I have to lie in wait for him. Its as if he's alergic to human interation and won't ring the bell.

Advertisement