Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this some sort of scam? parking fine issue...

Options
  • 22-10-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

couple of weeks ago i parked without paying and nipped into the chemist, as i was coming back to my car i passed two traffic wardens hurrying, i though i might have been ticketed but to my relief they had missed my car though they must have passed it, they looked like they were in a rush anyway so i thought it was my lucky day. two weeks later i'm putting a ticket in my window when i notice something blue stuffed down under my bonnet, sure enough it was a parking fine from 2 weeks previous.

what happened there? is this some sort of scam? hide your ticket so you get hit with nonpayment fines? the weather had been fine and dry so why didnt they leave it under my wiper? is that not the norm? there could only have been a few seconds between my seeing them and landing back to my car and i was checking specifically for a ticket so it certainly didnt work it's way down under my bonnet. very curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

i parked without paying
    There's your scam ;)

They write to the registered owner of the car anyway, so even if someone took it off your car, you would still be aware of the fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

couple of weeks ago i parked without paying and nipped into the chemist, ...

What is it about the chemist/pharmacy that makes people think that visiting it makes them exempt from the rules?

This sort of thing happens regularly;
    Person approaches counter, passing several people who are already waiting for their prescriptions.
    Person hands in prescription and says "Will you do that quickly because I'm double-parked/illegally parked outside?"
    I say "Your prescription will be placed in the queue and will be processed in turn, just like all of these people's prescriptions are [indicates waiting crowd]. If you want, you could go and move/put a ticket on your car and then come back to collect your prescription."
    It's always fun to watch the faces of those waiting patiently when they hear this exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

lol i am not disputing the fine, i deserved the fine as i hadnt paid for a ticket, i should have, i normally would have but i didnt so i was caught and rightly fined, my issue is that instead of leaving the ticket where i could see it, they stuffed it down under my bonnet where i might never have found it. i was just wondering why they would do this.

had i not paid the fine would i have been sent a reminder letter or would the fine automatically increase? or, is this a tactic they use to avoid confrontations with irate motorists wanting to challenge the ticket directly with the warden on the street? hide the ticket so by the time the driver knows they are fined it's already long past the time of issue?

Advertisement