Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Classics

Options
  • 22-10-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

When I heard Born in the USA I knew immediately that it was an instant classic, even though its not my kind of music! Any other tunes that when they appeared most people thought yes excellent, this tune will stand the test of time. Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2 another example. Discuss..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

For Those About To Rock..... We Salute You 1982, 11 Years old N.E.C. Birmingham. An Instant Classic, Timeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Doesn't fit in this forum really, but I thought M83s Midnight City was brilliant from the first time I heard it. Rare, a track that does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

flyswatter wrote: »
    Doesn't fit in this forum really, but I thought M83s Midnight City was brilliant from the first time I heard it. Rare, a track that does that.

I'd give you that, M83 claim to be an alternative rock band so it fits. That whole album is a gem IMO.

Fake Empire by The National would be on my list.
    I know it's only 6 years old but I think it sounds pretty timeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Scorpions - Wind Of Change. Classic power ballad from the classic power ballad era

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Greatest love of all - Whitney Houston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nothing girly about the songs posted, not everything in Rock & Metal has to be metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It's all about personal taste, I guess.

As it stands for me, ACDC's 'TNT' would be a classic song, it was the first metal song I heard in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I remember the first time i heard Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi and thinking that it would be an instant classic. Despite not being much of a Bon Jovi fan these days it's till a belter of a tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

lord lucan wrote: »
    I remember the first time i heard Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi and thinking that it would be an instant classic. Despite not being much of a Bon Jovi fan these days it's till a belter of a tune.

Glam Rock from the 80s? 'The final countdown' by Europe might go in the same category. That tune is still used in many football stadiums in Germany for example ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Boy meets girl - Waiting for a star to fall was a classic before it got into the charts!

• Advertisement
Advertisement