Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Customer Service

Options
  • 22-10-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Last Friday in Aldi, I needed Premium Coke There was a huge pallet of Coke but all the diet Coke was at the top so I couldnt reach the Premium. There was a female member of staff nearby & I just said to her I need some Premium Coke. She went & looked & said "the Premium is at the bottom, you will have to wait until all that is sold, thats the way its delivered". Has anyone an experience like that, she made no attempt to help. Not a bit helpful at all. Its a shame to have to spend big money & be treated like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

hillbloom wrote: »
    Not a bit helpful at all. Its a shame to have to spend big money & be treated like this.

You were spending big money in Aldi and expecting top customer service? :)

The way I see it is that Aldi/Lidl are discout supermarkets who do everything on the cheap which keeps prices low for consumers. I enjoy shopping there but I know that what you see is what you get. So I have no expectation that staff will be helpful but I do expect low low prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have seen these mineral grid holders collapse and its really dangerous, each bottle becomes a missile.

If they wont sell it to you, complain to a manager, DO NOT TRY GET it yourself. It's not worth it.

It always happens in my local on too, the Rogan Josh cook in sauce is sold out of the first 3 cases but the 4th case is sealed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'd get it myself personally but the warning is well taken. I'm not sure what you expect them to do OP in all honesty. If it's not safe for them to get the product and not worth the time v potential loss in sales then it's not worth doing. This is why Marks and Spencer's is more expensive, with ore staff running around.

Think of it as flying BA Business Class v Ryanair. Smart people would always fly Ryanair - preferably to Berlin where you can spend the vast savings on beer and girls.

Advertisement