Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expected Rates of Pay vs. Actual Rates of Pay

Options
  • 22-10-2012 1:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I work as a Graduate Software Engineer/Application Support Engineer and obtained the job in the last 3 months. My starting wage was 37k per year, much higher than expected. I assumed upon being offered a job, I would earn 30k per year at most.

Has anyone noticed any differences in expected pay versus actual pay when applying for a job? I have browsed the FAS website and Jobs.ie to get an idea of jobs at the moment and pay that goes with it.

For some of the jobs I've viewed, the experience required and the pay that goes with doesn't match up and seems extremely low.

Anyone any ideas or opinions? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Itzy wrote: »
    I work as a Graduate Software Engineer/Application Support Engineer and obtained the job in the last 3 months. My starting wage was 37k per year

Count yourself lucky... very lucky!

Advertisement