Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHL Atmosphere

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

lads i was at the game on sat and i found the atmosphere shocking. after about 25 mins in the first half there wasnt a sound outta the crowd right up til half time.

its been a year or so since i was last over but i was very disappointed by the fans. granted the performance was not one to sing about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I've never booed before but I acknowledge that those that do are showing some passion for the club even though it's negitave,

Also booing is product feedback from the "customers" and the club have made it perfectly clear over the years that they want "customers" more than they want "supporters"

I used to revel in the songs and cheering but I have to admit that the older I get the harder it is for me to jump up an cheer a load of overpaid muppets, espically when they don't look like they give a fcuk.

Maybe they are being passionate, but I just disagree so much about how they show it.
    Yes, maybe it is feedback, but should fans not hold up a banner asking Levy/Lewis to spend some of the money the club have made over the last few years, instead of booing the players off at nil nil at half time.

The final piece makes it sound like you are falling out of love with THFC, never the case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The simple fact of the matter is that at half-time on Saturday we were sitting in 4th place in the league, missing our three 1st choice central midfielders (Parker, Dembele, and Sandro) along with Kaboul and BAE.

Meanwhile, the manager's main transfer target Moutinho was recovering after 90mins the night before in a 5-0 win over Maritimo in the Portuguese Premier League.

I don't care how bored you might have been on Saturday, or how you crave sexy football, or how ****e you thought Spurs might have played on the day, the manager and players were booed off the park at half time with the score at 0-0.

That is a cúnts trick.

I'm glad I gave Saturday a miss now, I'd a sh1t week in work and decided to go on the batter Friday evening instead. I'd have spent Saturday night in a cell if I'd had to listen to the two cúnt puddles who sit behind me at the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I was there on Saturday and agree that the atmosphere was fairly poor. I'd agree that the players have a responsibility to rise the crowd and that just didn't happen. For the first twenty minutes, Friedel was the busiest player on the pitch and they weren't shots. He got so many passes that I was beginning to think that he was the new Modric!

I didn't boo at half time or full time but we knew that it was going to happen. I didn't boo either at the JD substitution as I missed his number going up - I was fairly upset at that crazy decision though.

Atmosphere was poor but was it ever brilliant when playing teams that we are expected to beat. TBH I prefer what we have today to the way it was years ago when the fans always seemed to have a player that they hated, e.g. Gary Stevens - always thought that it was crazy to do that week in week out to your own players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Maybe they are being passionate, but I just disagree so much about how they show it.
    Yes, maybe it is feedback, but should fans not hold up a banner asking Levy/Lewis to spend some of the money the club have made over the last few years, instead of booing the players off at nil nil at half time.

The final piece makes it sound like you are falling out of love with THFC, never the case ;)

Yeah, I still love them but they've dropped way down in terms of priorities.
    A bad result used to have me fuming for a week, now I'm over it in 5mins.

The game (the PL anyway) is quite souless these days and the bond between supporters/clubs/players has become pretty non-existent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I don't care how bored you might have been on Saturday, or how you crave sexy football, or how ****e you thought Spurs might have played on the day, the manager and players were booed off the park at half time with the score at 0-0.

That is a cúnts trick.

totally agree with that, final whistle booing I can understand more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Yeah, I still love them but they've dropped way down in terms of priorities.
    A bad result used to have me fuming for a week, now I'm over it in 5mins.

The game (the PL anyway) is quite souless these days and the bond between supporters/clubs/players has become pretty non-existent

Same here. Used never get that upset anyway (football is a game of tomorrows etc) but even less so these days.
    totally agree with that, final whistle booing I can understand more

agree again ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    but should fans not hold up a banner asking Levy/Lewis to spend some of the money the club have made over the last few years, instead of booing the players off at nil nil at half time.

Yes or maybe rewrite the old chant for the late 90's "Sugar - get your chequebook out"

Advertisement