Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when to test?

Options
  • 22-10-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

If on the pill,and having preg symptoms, when should u take a preg test?
    I have another week before the end of my current pack but getting very sore chest and feeling dizzy & nautious,and too hot.
    Never have these symptoms while on the pill (on it for 10 yrs).
    I know it's highly unlikely that I am preg so dont want to waste money on a test by taking it at a time when it won't show an accurate result.

Also don't want to be damaging a baby by continuing to take pill if I am preg.

Sorry if wrong place to be asking this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

With the more sensitive (and expensive) tests you can test up to 3 days before your period is due, however they do recommend you wait till your period is late.

In relation to when as in time, the morning is normally the best time to test as your urine is most concentrated and the HCG chemical used for detecting pregnancy is strongest.

With the symptoms you have listed I would consider getting checked out by your GP. Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

stickybean wrote: »
    With the more sensitive (and expensive) tests you can test up to 3 days before your period is due, however they do recommend you wait till your period is late.

In relation to when as in time, the morning is normally the best time to test as your urine is most concentrated and the HCG chemical used for detecting pregnancy is strongest.

With the symptoms you have listed I would consider getting checked out by your GP. Best of luck x

Thanks for reply. If not having "natural periods" due to pill, should I just test from day I finish pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

if you think there is a possibility you are pregnant I would stop taking the pill straight away. Incase you are not and aren't trying (guessing you are not as you are on the pill) use condoms if you are having sex.

As you are not having natural period you may get bleeding when you come of the pill. And your actual period may take a few days or weeks to come.

When do you think you had sex to become pregnant? I would work out that date and count roughly 2-3 weeks after that before you test.

But if you have symptoms I would recommend seeing your doctor incase there is something else wrong x

Advertisement