Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement motherboard

Options
  • 22-10-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I finally got a responce back from Hardwareversand saying they can't fix my motherboard and have offered a replacement that I don't think is in the same league as the board I had.

My old board When I bought the board I paid €151.

New board This board is valued at €80. As long as they could do the same thing the price difference isn't an issue.

I'm going to have to say no straight away because the new board doesn't have firewire support and as this is a video editing machine that port is essential.

The other major concern is that I had two hard drives in a raid array and I want to get access to that data again so I'd want the same raid controller.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

there is no way you should accept a b75 board as a replacement for your p67 pro.

forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't this pretty much the same board?

while its not my first choice in boards, its much better than their offered replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    there is no way you should accept a b75 board as a replacement for your p67 pro.
    I was thinking it wasn't a like for like replacement. As far as I can tell they've stopped making my board which isn't too surprising and I didn't know how far things had come since I bought.

I know the EVO was one of 3 in that boards line up, I'm not sure if it was even the top one.

a quick looks shows they're pretty much the same board, and that the evo is actually a bit better with some extra features like a second nic and also has onboard power/reset and clear cmos button.

its not a lot to ask for @ €93.

of course, you could be cheeky, and why shouldn't you be, and ask for a direct cash replacement, throw a little cash their way, and get the Asrock z77 extreme6. feature rich, much better and future proof chipset etc etc @ €156.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My only problem is the chipset for raid, I thought having a raid 1 setup would mean I could take out one of the hard drives and put it into a different PC to access my data but that's not the case apparently. I need to get the data off the raid hard drives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement