Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent World war 2 games

• 22-10-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think we had this thread recently,

FPS - COD:WAW was very good, Sniper V2, Red Orchestra 2, Medal of Honor Aiborne was okay too, up till the end...when it just became stupid
    RTS - Always go with Company of Heroes and its expansions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

No WWII FPS's have really shone since CoD1 and CoD2. They're definitely worth checking out if you haven't played them already, back in the days of no health-regen :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Red Orchestra 2 is a great WWII shooter. It's been patched to hell to fix all the bugs and now its a fine game. Definitely recommend it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No WWII FPS's have really shone since CoD1 and CoD2. They're definitely worth checking out if you haven't played them already, back in the days of no health-regen :)

I totally disagree, both RO2 and DOD Source are great games.
    Also COD WAW is still a decent game.
    COD 1 was way better than COD2, in 2 they dramatically increased the hitboxes.
    So much so many top clans and leagues simply abandoned it as it was just stupidly easy compared to COD1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

DOD source is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway was the last really good WWII game I played. A lot of fun with a great story and believable characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's funny, if you posted the same thing 6 or so years ago, we could probably list 10 within seconds. Sadly the market became so saturated with WWII games though, that everyone shyed away from doing them. Nothing better than a WWII shooter imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

callaway92 wrote: »
    It's funny, if you posted the same thing 6 or so years ago, we could probably list 10 within seconds. Sadly the market became so saturated with AWFUL WWII games though, that everyone shyed away from doing them. Nothing better than a GOOD WWII shooter imo.

Fixed it for ya :)

Advertisement