Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large slow cooker €22.99

• 22-10-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Linky

I'm gonna grab myself one of those - perfect for winter stews :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭angel_wings

unkel wrote: »
    Linky

I'm gonna grab myself one of those - perfect for winter stews :D

Where is the offer from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Where is the offer from?

Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭angel_wings

Sorry the link didn't show up originally :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Gah that is this thursday. WANT WANT. Nearest Aldi is Arklow though :( and I need every penny this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 tommy42

A slow cooker any good on electric bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Heard Paolo Tullio say he was getting one of these when on Newstalk last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

hdowney wrote: »
    Gah that is this thursday. WANT WANT. Nearest Aldi is Arklow though :( and I need every penny this week

Its A large slow cooker and uses 320W, at which power setting im not sure, 6.5 litre is suitable for very large families in my opinion

I have this 4.5l Breville, consumes 265w and is more than adequate for 3

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4231473/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|14418476/c_2/3|19780844|Small+kitchen+appliances|14418587/c_3/4|cat_14418587|Slow+cookers+and+ovens|14418592.htm

Made an inquiry and they sent me this information
    The ITP137 is rated at 290W so will run for 3hrs 25 minutes on “High” to use one unit of electricity, i.e. 1kWh.

The Wattage on the “Low” setting is 195W so the unit will operate for just over 5 hours to use 1kWh.

Auto will cycle between the two so the time taken to consume 1kWh will be somewhere between 3h 25m and 5 hours.

Uses a lot less power than the Aldi cooker and is €29.99 in Argos right now

The Crockpot 2.4l & 3.5l uses less power again, moral of the story is if u dont need the capacity a smaller slow cooker does fine

On a note of caution I had the Cookworks 3.5 Litre model and had to return it as it did not work correctly, fortunately the larger Breville was on offer at a cheaper price so I also got a 7 euro refund
    tommy42 wrote: »
    A slow cooker any good on electric bill.

Yes, very much so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have had more than enough problems with Cookworks items before that I'd not go again. Checking out the Breville now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bought it myself. Had a large beef round roast (half price in Tesco - €7 for a large joint) slow cook in it for 8 hours on high today. Amazing, the meat just melted in your mouth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there a timer on these things at all?

cormie wrote: »
    Is there a timer on these things at all?

Nope, but there's no stopping you connecting it to a mechanical €5 plug in timer :)

Best is to just leave them on though. No chance of burning whatever is in it, even on high the temp on mine never exceeded 95C...

Thanks unkel, it wouldn't be for me, but my sister was thinking to get one as a gift for someone and was concerned about the aldi one not having a timer.

I don't think any of them do. There's just no need! If something is supposed to go in for 8 hours, it won't be ruined if you leave it in for 9, 10, or 11 hours. Probably just makes it better :)

Slow roast pulled pork is next on my list of things to try :D

Thanks again for the info. I'll point her to this thread :)

Just saw this one on Argos, 4.7 star average from 400+ reviews (compared to 4.6 star average fro, 180 reviews), bigger and cheaper than the breville one linked to above: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4228826.htm#tabrev

In case anyone was wondering about electricity use - the Aldi one uses 287W on high and 142W on low

I've a massive slow roast shoulder of pork (bone in) on now and I'm going to leave it in for 16 hours. That will cost €0.40 in total in electricity :)

(same as having a typical electric heater on for an hour)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gavsmith

Can I still get one of these in Aldi?
    I can't cook o save my life. But I manage I produce amazing things with a slow cooker!

unkel wrote: »
    In case anyone was wondering about electricity use - the Aldi one uses 287W on high and 142W on low

I've a massive slow roast shoulder of pork (bone in) on now and I'm going to leave it in for 16 hours. That will cost €0.40 in total in electricity :)

(same as having a typical electric heater on for an hour)

I'd say they'd be sold out in most Aldis. Keep a look out on Argos though, they regularly have them at discounted prices, although I've never seen a 6.5l one for €22 there :)

Advertisement