Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System clock running too fast.

• 22-10-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I recently bought a new Samsung laptop. However the system clock will not keep the correct time. I have changed it several times. Tried syncing it with internet time, changed it in the bios but yet it still runs too fast. Sometimes by 10 mins, sometimes more. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Maybe this will solve the problem (unless it's a CMOS issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 greenmonkey

Torqay wrote: »
    Maybe this will solve the problem (unless it's a CMOS issue)

Tried the above but still no joy. Bios clock is still too fast. Is it a problem with the bios?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

It sounds like the quartz crystal is damaged or the circuit it's in isn't working right. There's not really much you can do but return it, unless a CMOS reset miraculously fixes it. The BIOS clock is always going to be wrong, but you could use some NTP software such as the one linked above to keep the Windows clock synced.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 greenmonkey

Thanks for the help. I installed NTP. I will see how it goes. Only have the laptop 3 weeks... very annoying. Must ring samsung.

• Advertisement
Advertisement