Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll charges from Killbeggan to Galway?

Options
  • 22-10-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Coming from Tullamore, how much does it cost for a car to Galway city on the M6 please?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭glen25

€1.80 between Ballinasloe and Loughrea if you're driving a car. The other toll is at Enfield which is the other side of Kilbeggan heading towards Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So on travelling west I pay a toll of €1.80 at Ballinasloe? none from Kilbeggan to there?

On way back then I pay one at Loughrea ??:confused:

The toll bridge is located between the Ballinasloe exit and the Loughrea exit off the motorway. You will pay €1.80 going down to Galway and €1.80 coming back from Galway. Total of €3.60 for a return trip from Tullamore to Galway. I thought I was fairly clear in my first post!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

As stated already, there is only two tolls on the M4/M6 between Dublin and Galway. From Dublin the first toll you will meet is just outside Enfield and costs 2.80 euro. The second is between and Ballinasloe and Loughrea, which cost 1.80 euro. The total cost being 4.60 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

go down the old road to galway
    its only 15/20 minutes longer, and there's very little traffic on it usually and you'll save the price of the toll and the extra fuel by going a bit slower

• Advertisement

I disagree with OP above about taking the old road. Aside from the toll, this motorway is a complete success. Athlone to Galway (using this example as I travel it a lot) in 45 minutes at a constant speed will be more economical than going a longer route, changing gears, going through towns etc. of course you could just go slower on the motorway to save fuel ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

glen25 wrote: »
    I disagree with OP above about taking the old road. Aside from the toll, this motorway is a complete success. Athlone to Galway (using this example as I travel it a lot) in 45 minutes at a constant speed will be more economical than going a longer route, changing gears, going through towns etc. of course you could just go slower on the motorway to save fuel ;-)

How long from Kilbeggan to Athlone so?

It's about 20mins from Kilbeggan to Athlone on the motorway

Advertisement