Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ work visa

• 22-10-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hello guys and girls. I am heading to NZ soon hopefully on a work visa (not working holiday). As part f this requirement I need garda clearance. Now I am sure it is not your normal garda check, can anyone shed some light on what I need and where i can get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Just pop into any garda station and tell them you need that form for your Visa. They'll have them there especially for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yep you just apply for a cert from your local superintendent and they'll post it to you. I got a family member to pop in for me. Small town so I think the super actually knew me :) Only took a few weeks to arrive by post.

Specific procedure for Ireland (Eire)
    Residents and non-residents who have previously lived in Ireland – apply to the office of the Garda Superintendent of the locality in which you lived. These are listed in the Irish telephone book under State directory, or at http://www.eircom.ie..

Station names and telephone numbers are listed on the website at www.garda.ie.

You should provide:
    your full name, date and place of birth, dates and addresses during residence in Ireland
    your parents' names, and the dates and addresses of your parents' residence in Ireland (if applicable)
    a copy of your birth certificate.

Taken from: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/general/formsandfees/formsandguides/policecertificate/ij/ireland.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

good stuff guys, many thanks - now for the health check! any advice there?
    How many of you have migrated to NZ this way - i foolishly let my working holiday opportunity lapse, so this is my route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I did my medical within NZ and submitted it all electronically, you'll have to take a look through immigrations website to look up the process for within Ireland as I dont know. Maybe another poster might do.

I got residency through the skilled migrant path as I had already been here for several years and employed in a role where there is a skills shortage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

I didn't need one but the misses did and she used this link to find a panel doctor to get the medical. So apart from that I don't know much more. However just make sure you use a doctor on this list or else it won't be accepted.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/community/stream/facilitate/medical/

Just type Ireland into the search bar when you click on "list of panel doctors and radiologists" and bobs your uncle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement