Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering Roxio Game Capture HD Pro using USD

• 22-10-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if I order the above capture device from the American store (aka pay in doller as the currency conversion is better than from GBP to euro), will I get caught with customs etc. Is it going to come from america or will it still be sent from a nearer warehouse such as the english ones.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

EJ22 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if I order the above capture device from the American store (aka pay in doller as the currency conversion is better than from GBP to euro), will I get caught with customs etc. Is it going to come from america or will it still be sent from a nearer warehouse such as the english ones.

thanks in advance

When I ordered a component splitter from China it was stopped by customs and I had to provide proof it was less than 17 euro or something similar, so I would guess yes there is a chance it would get stopped, especially at this time of year.

AFAIK there are now Irish online stores doing hauppages, would that not be easier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

When I ordered a component splitter from China it was stopped by customs and I had to provide proof it was less than 17 euro or something similar, so I would guess yes there is a chance it would get stopped, especially at this time of year.

AFAIK there are now Irish online stores doing hauppages, would that not be easier?

It would be easier, but it's not in my price range compared to the Roxio as if I order through roxio.com/machinima and use voucher code ROXIOSTORE15 it comes in at around 90 euro being converted from USD or 100 from GBP.

Think I'll just order it from the UK portal so as to avoid the aul customs.

Thanks for your reply though :)

Advertisement