Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solicitor advice & reccommendations - Dublin

• 22-10-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Ive never posted in this forum before but i've just had an offer accepted on my first house (exciting) and now I need to find a solicitor can someone explain to me if the cost should include tha land registry fee or is thia extra on top of the professional fee and also if I go with a flat fee +m outlays what exactly are outlays and how much roughly do they push the cost up?
    Thanks for any advice I'm a bit lost :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

emzibob wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Ive never posted in this forum before but i've just had an offer accepted on my first house (exciting) and now I need to find a solicitor can someone explain to me if the cost should include tha land registry fee or is thia extra on top of the professional fee and also if I go with a flat fee +m outlays what exactly are outlays and how much roughly do they push the cost up?
    Thanks for any advice I'm a bit lost :rolleyes:

A solicitor will charge you a profesional fee plus outlays, plus VAT. So if he quotes professional fee €1,000 that will be plus all outlays, searches, land reg fees, stamp duty if necessary, swearing fees, postage etc. Then plus fat on professional fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Can anyone reccomend a solicitor with a good flat rate preferably on the northside of dublin? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

emzibob wrote: »
    Can anyone reccomend a solicitor with a good flat rate preferably on the northside of dublin? Thanks in advance.

Yes, and can someone recommend one for me on the south side please? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Make sure the solicitor specifies what is in or out and what the estimates the outlays to be. Shop around.
    Then plus fat on professional fee.
    I'm sure you meant VAT. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Victor wrote: »
    Make sure the solicitor specifies what is in or out and what the estimates the outlays to be. Shop around.

I'm sure you meant VAT. :D

Well depends lol, but yes VAT, bloody autocorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

From the 1st Dec registration fees are increasing greatly so ensure any solicitor quote you get is at the new rates just to make sure you are comparing like with like...

Advertisement