Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fruit scones?

• 22-10-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to order about 2 dozen fruit scones as a treat for my work colleagues' morning break!
    We usually use Ivan's or The Dessert Gallery for cakes and sweet things, but have never got scones from either place, so I'm looking for recommendations for somewhere that does good fruit scones !Preferably somewhere I don't have to pay for parking!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

The Sandwich shop on Thomas Street do the very best scones in the city;

http://limerick.ratemyarea.com/places/the-sandwich-shop-126180

Give them a buzz and order whatever you want and they will have them ready for collection. You can pull in and park outside BT's or across the road by BoI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i was in zest in the park this weekend and they do scones very reasonable and they have unreal cupcakes. the box them up really nice as well. yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Delish do lovely scones also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Lets do coffee in Roxboro do the best scones. They're unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Brown Thomas do the best scones I've ever had. The taste almost makes up for the depressing fact that I can't afford any of the ridiculously expensive designer clothes I have to pass to get to the café.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Ryans centra in Raheen will do the trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Lild do lovely fresh scones from their instore bakery. V good value at 35c each free parking and near ivans so guessing the right side of town for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

So OP where did you buy the scone and what did you think of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

It's tomorrow I'll be buying them!Think I might try LIDL!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Sage cafe with their home made jam .. You cannot go wrong absolutely delish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Thanks for all your suggestions!!Went to superquinn in the end as they were hot out of the oven this morning and near enough to me!Went down a treat too!

Advertisement