Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trainne Accountant wages Dublin

• 22-10-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All,

Can I check with anyone that might be in a similar position as me.

I am in a small accountancy firm in Dublin for the past 3 years. I have just completed my last CAP2 and am due to sit the FAE in 2013.

I do a huge amount of book keeping and some audit. My wages are 24k - would this wage be correct? I am the only trainee and don't know anyone else training in Dublin to compare?

Thanks
    :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Glas134 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am in a small accountancy firm in Dublin for the past 3 years. I have just completed my last CAP2 and am due to sit the FAE in 2013.

I do a huge amount of book keeping and some audit. My wages are 24k - would this wage be correct? I am the only trainee and don't know anyone else training in Dublin to compare?

Thanks
    Andrea :D

Hello Andrea

Is that 24k net or gross income? If its net I would say its not bad at all knowing a few other trainee accountants

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Glas134

Sorry should have mentioned that. No its the gross figure - does this seem reasonable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Sorry should have mentioned that. No its the gross figure - does this seem reasonable?

Even though its the gross I still wouldnt say its unreasonable, ive known people in the 'big 3' on a similar wage to that. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Glas134

No it does thanks.. I just didnt have anyone to reference too. thanks a million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Glas. Can I ask if you feel you're getting good experience? I'm ina small firm too but the "training" is very slow. I am given a good bit to do with regards to management accounts , compiling FS from scratch, payroll and audit but the actual training is non existent as in I don't get the files back it review points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Hi All,

Thanks
    :D

Hi just saw this thread now. I am in the same position as you, I have 4 years and will be doing FAE in 2013 as well. I have just been bumped up to 25k two months ago, was 24k.

I think it's pretty ok, when you take into account study leave and the institute fees which are all paid for.

I have very good work conditions and good flexi time, which I'd rather get than a few quid more than being flogged every week like some firms do.

Advertisement